Uckfield Model Railway Exhibition - 20th & 21st October 2012

adrianmc

• RMweb Premium

Time for a cheeky bump and reminder with 5 weeks to go until the show.

Just found out that we're down to two operators this weekend on DitD. John has a sicknote from his mum and won't be able to make it - i'd keep your head down Kevin otherwise you'll be press-ganged!

• RMweb Gold

Just found out that we're down to two operators this weekend on DitD. John has a sicknote from his mum and won't be able to make it - i'd keep your head down Kevin otherwise you'll be press-ganged!

Sorry to here about John, hope he's back on his feet soon.

Kevin operated Highbury after an extensive training session last time we were at Uckfield. I was hoping to nab him for a few stints on Totnes so looks like he might be a busy boy. Hope Adrian hasn't allocated him too many jobs!

Jerry

2manyspams said

Sorry to here about John, hope he's back on his feet soon.

Kevin operated Highbury after an extensive training session last time we were at Uckfield. I was hoping to nab him for a few stints on Totnes so looks like he might be a busy boy. Hope Adrian hasn't allocated him too many jobs!

Jerry

Oh polish my ego :danced: , (where's the "Smug Mode" emoticon?)

2manyspams said

Oh polish my ego :danced: , (where's the "Smug Mode" emoticon?)

BEWARE of operators and camera phones Kevin, you'll end up on here by Sunday night.

Colin

Colin, you've seen my mug, you know that breaks camera lenses; so I'm fairly safe from becoming a victim of the caption competition :jester:

I will point out to you Kevin, that i ended up being photographed by Mr spams at Tonbridge this year. Any breakages to be on show insurance? :scared:

Colin

Sorry I'm not going to be able to make it down this year, I was really looking forward to the show.

Thanks Jerry, I'm vertical, but not very quick - mind you a lot of people who've met me say that normally.(See my post 2274 on the "Lizards in the Duchy" thread).

I hope you all have a really great weekend and a successful show. Adrian, I was even looking forward to the quiz - I'd been swotting up on odd facts of East Sussex and its railways especially for it!

Now, I am looking forward to some great photographs of the show on Monday morning please.

All the very best,

John.

• RMweb Gold

Sorry I'm not going to be able to make it down this year, I was really looking forward to the show.

Thanks Jerry, I'm vertical, but not very quick - mind you a lot of people who've met me say that normally.(See my post 2274 on the "Lizards in the Duchy" thread).

I hope you all have a really great weekend and a successful show. Adrian, I was even looking forward to the quiz - I'd been swotting up on odd facts of East Sussex and its railways especially for it!

Now, I am looking forward to some great photographs of the show on Monday morning please.

All the very best,

John.

Thanks John

Yes the quiz for Saturday's evening social has been prepared although I don't think that there are many railway orientated questions in it if at all - those that have been in recent times will know what sort of topics to expect:

76 T in the BP?

Hope to take plenty of pictures for the Club retrospective which is usually published about a week after the event although I'm sure some will be published here - the venue has Wi-Fi!

Hope you are feeling better soon

• RMweb Gold

It has just been pointed out to me that for once there are no engineering works scheduled for the Uckfield line this weekend, so for those that are coming by train you should hopefully have a straight forward journey.

The venue is only three minutes walk away from the station - when you exit the platform turn right up the hill and after a couple of hundred yards or so take the second road on the left, Civic Approach, and the Civic Centre is just at the top of the slope.

Just over 24 hours till the doors open.

One from me... thanks to Damien and Chris for letting the brief East-Coast interloper put in an appearance on their wonderful layout; it certainly seemed popular when we were there... mind you, most all of the layouts did.

post-8351-0-14049500-1350749024_thumb.jpg

The show's over for another year, The "stealth bomber" is seriously impressive in the flesh (so to speak) and some lucky soul managed to blag a few hours as guest operator on DiTD as well as an hour's stint on Totnes :sungum: :locomotive: :danced:, and Olly even let me have a little play with Stoating Bank; all in all a fantastic show for me personally.

Another very good show put on by Adrian and the Uckfield club. It was good to meet the various RM webbers at the show, 2manyspams, Indomitable026, Kevin Walsh, Matthew Cousins, Chris M & theCrompton Parkinson (although they are Tonbridge members anyway) & Adrianmc. To those RM Webbers I didn't get to say hello to, apologies.

Colin

• RMweb Gold

An excellent time was had by all so many thanks to Adrian and the team for organising a cracking weekend. Totnes got through the weekend reasonably unscathed despite the Friday night scare of the missing main power cable which, to our great relief, did turn up although not before a local club member had already kindly made a start on lashing up a replacement!

Highlights of the weekend for me were 2manyspams emptying the contents of tea bags onto the back of DiTD to cover the gaps and the wonderful Maurice Hopper and his delightful St Juliot all packed up and ready for the bus - photos to follow.

Lots of other good things, the stealth bomber, Stoating bank .......

Jerry

Thanks to Uckfield from those of us who operated Tre Ponti over the weekend. The layout operated well over the two days and there were several complimentary comments from visitors, Uckfield members ant the other operators. The highlight on the layout for a couple of people were the two nuns coming out of the pub!! Did you get a pic of that Adrian for the retrospective :mosking: ??

As I was only there for the afternoon shift I missed speaking to some RMWebbers.

In all, another exellent show!

Chris

Great show!

I've a report on my blogand if anyone wants a look a set of photos- featuring Crumley quite a lot! That was the layout of the show for me, but out of a collection of top-class layouts - not a duff one there at all. Good to see several top layouts from this forum there!

Great Photos Michael, and many thanks for the kind comments on your blog!

Everybody thank you too! What an awesome weekend, sorry we didn't get around much to mingle but with two of us that little layout takes it out of us!

We met some genuinely lovely people from the hardened veterans right down to kids and all those in between.

I'm glad the layout is still inspiring people and garnering questions and comments. The most humbling thing for me personally was the chap who told us that his Father was a driver for the NCB in the northeast and the layout had evoke memories of his childhood, I cannot ask for more than that.

Thanks to Adrian for the invite, and again thank you for coming and seeing and not laughing too much during the times it went a bit wonky.

Oly

I would just like to add my thanks to Adrian and the guys from the Uckfield club for the invite and the hospitality over the weekend.

A very good show I thought, just wish there had been a bit more time to chat to some people and have a look around, and all of the layouts were to a very high standard in my opinion.

Roll on next year!

Archived