Model Rail No. 175 November 2012

dibber25

• RMweb Premium

Patience and the enquiries as advised by Dibber 25 have been rewarded, a replacement copy arrived yesterday. Thanks due to Chris Leigh, Emma and Miles at Subs.

The features have made this an issue worth waiting for and I'm now trying to recall where my small fleet of Airfix Prestwin Bulk Silo wagons are stored. New wheelsets and some filller will no doubt be required.

Regards,

John

We'd like to check to see if there's a pattern to the subs problem. Please could the subscribers who haven't received their copy post just the TOWN of their address, or PM me with the information. CHRIS LEIGH

just noticed this tread. Still don't have my copy despite 6 e-mails and a phone call. Ayr

• RMweb Premium

Usually get my copy through the post on the monday, as yet it is to arrive, this has happened before resulting no magazine arriving.

Result have to ring up subscriptions the result usually being prurchase a copy at full price and have the subscription extended by one copy. Not happy about this as it seems to happen approx at least once a year.

Anybody else have this problem

Hi

Funny you should mention this. I haven't received mine either and have apparently been sent a replacement which still hasn't arrived. Not impressed!!!!

Just to expand on this I originally emailed them on 5th October and was asked to wait a further 5 working days to see if it arrive which it didn't. Emailed again and they put a replacement in the post and I was told to allow between 5 and 12 days for delivery. Still no magazine, third email sent yesterday so let's see what happens next.

** Finally arrived 26th October after sending four emails.

Cheers

Paul

Hi

Funny you should mention this. I haven't received mine either and have apparently been sent a replacement which still hasn't arrived. Not impressed!!!!

Just to expand on this I originally emailed them on 5th October and was asked to wait a further 5 working days to see if it arrive which it didn't. Emailed again and they put a replacement in the post and I was told to allow between 5 and 12 days for delivery. Still no magazine, third email sent yesterday so let's see what happens next.

Cheers

Paul

See post immediately above.

was told that all copies of the November issue are now gone but my sub has been extended by a month. is the Nov '12 issue online in any format anywhere?

Does anyone know if Model Rail will be going down the Railway Modeller route of an electronic copy available for hard copy subscription holders? would make incidents like this a lot less painful :)

My post lady walks on left and right feet so I am sure she'll deliver the magazine as fast as she can because our forecast tomorrow is fine, turning to sunny when Model Rail arrives.....................

By the way we have reached the December issue but I am still waiting for the summer of 2012. Maybe I was too busy laying a point when it came and went.

So if anyones doesnt turn up when it turns up can they please post a link on

IllBuyOneIfImthatDesperateToReadItNOW dot com and leave the rest of us to wonder where it is

Alternatively we could save the sarcasm, and if there are problems we could post them in a seperate topic so they don't block up the content thread? Although hopefully all is now fixed.

It's a fantastic mag with a dedicated editorial team, and Chris really did go beyond the call of duty when getting last months issue resolved. But let us not forget that something did go wrong with the distribution process and people who had already brought one didn't receive it!!!

aasatill not received my copy despite being told they had change the people that deal with it Australia. Trouble is when you contact Subscriptions ,that email to tell you that a replace copy will be with you 14-28days which never arrives . When you complain they extend your subscription . This only seem to happen with Model Rial . Railway Modeller and Hornby Magazine seem to arriver in about 10 days , its a pity as its a Great Magazine ! . One has to thank Ben Jones for all his help in trying to resolve these ongoing delivery problems GWR Man

We could save the sarcasm. or we could just accept that not everything happens here and now, when we want it.... and just keep quiet about "Its not arrived yet" sort of posts...Ask your self..what do those sort of posts add to the sum of humanities knowledge of small trains? Not a lot at a guess.....

But the 'not arrived yet' posts are presumably giving Chris and the MR team an idea of the scale of the problem and the impetus to get it sorted.

Nothing like setting off on the right foot.....

CHRIS LEIGH

sorry Chris but its not the first time my copy hasn't arrived whilst I have been subscribing. It really makes you wonder is it worth it the frequency the situation happens.

It seems somebody misses out each copy. If we don't say then the powers that B don't know there may be a problem and when they want to increase numbers sold then the situation does not help.

John

• RMweb Gold

So would an E Mail or even a letter to Model Rail HQ....

Im sure Im not alone in not wanting to read whether your postal service works or not

I think that's a fair point Mickey. i can also see that it might be helpful to the MR editorial team to know of problems with delivery of subscription copies so perhaps a separate thread could be created for that purpose if Andy is agreeable to what amounts to 'nodding through' a breach of forum rules on that matter?

sorry Chris but its not the first time my copy hasn't arrived whilst I have been subscribing. It really makes you wonder is it worth it the frequency the situation happens.

It seems somebody misses out each copy. If we don't say then the powers that B don't know there may be a problem and when they want to increase numbers sold then the situation does not help.

John

I'm sure that someone probably does miss out each copy. There are over 10,000 subscribers and even a failure rate as low as 1% means 100 unhappy customers. Whilst I am pleased to try and help customers when I can , I actually don't have any great influence over the' powers that B' in this very large organisation. It also appears from our investigations that the problems actually occurred after the magazines left the subs company. The subscription operation is contracted out to a company which handles hundreds of other magazine titles and by dealing through RMweb and through me, your complaints are actually being 'watered down'. If you have a long-running problem, it HAS to be resolved with the subscription company. I have given, elsewhere in the thread, the name and contact details for Model Rail's marketing manager. She is nearer to the subs operation than I am.

To anyone who has a subs problem: I would politely request that as a first call you contact the subs company. If you don't receive satisfaction, as a second resort, e-mail Emma whose contact details I have given. Although I have passed on information from RMweb about the problems this month, I am reluctant to continue doing so (I certainly hope that it won't be necessary) owing to the adverse impact on both my work and my modelling time at home.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Premium

Hi

So would an E Mail or even a letter to Model Rail HQ....

Been there done that four times this month it finally arrived after the fourth one after being told several times it had been sent.

Im sure Im not alone in not wanting to read whether your postal service works or not

I personally don't think this had anything to do with the carrier (Royal Mail or otherwise).

I will say, however, that the December issue has arrived on the day it usually arrives.

Cheers

Paul

Told today by email I will not get the November issue. I do not think this is acceptable. Looks like I will have one less subscription from now on.

Regards,

David

Of course, it's entirely up to you if you cancel your subscription. However, despite the doubts expressed in the post above yours, our investigations have convinced us (in MR editorial dept) that the problem DID indeed lie with the carrier, Royal Mail. I appreciate that these things can be annoying but we have 10,000plus subscribers and the majority do receive their magazines without a problem. When there is a problem, the editorial department tries very hard to ensure that readers do receive a magazine even if it is sent direct and not by the subs fulfilment company. I have a magazine here, on my desk, with your name on the envelope. All you need to do is to let me know your address (due to data protection, editorial cannot access subscriber details) by e-mail to chris.leigh@bauermedia.co.uk

I will put it in the post tomorrow (Wednesday) by first class post. Problem solved for this month and the subs operation should kick in OK with your December issue in the next day or so. If it doesn't turn up this time, I will ask Emma to run a check on my behalf to find out why.

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Premium

So Chris, you really are the super-hero that Mr Nevard has depicted in post 23 of the December 2012 thread?

Anyone doubting this clearly hasn't read through the problems you've attempted to solve over the months I've been a member and read the Model Rail section of the Forum.

Your efforts really are much appreciated!

Jeff

Archived