BR 4mm Horsebox

http://www.broadgaug...roducts4mm.html

There is 2 GWR ones, F014 and F015.

http://www.roxeymoul...ront/search.php

these are 4mm.

It depends which company and era you are after really.

I'd assumed by the thread title that the OP meant horseboxes that survived or were built post 1948. I think this might rule out the BGS ones :rolleyes:

On the other hand, the OP doesn't say whether brass or plastic kits are of interest. If brass, then you might try London Road Models, 51L, Blacksmith... Alternatively, put the word 'horsebox' in the search box at the top of the page (or in the Google search of the old RMweb at the bottom of this forum's home page). You'll find all the references you'll ever need!

Nick

I have 3 of these from the old HD and Wrenn range but I was wondering are there any 4mm Kits for these? I very rarely run my exisiting HD stock due to running more and more tension lock stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

The op saysthe Old HD/Wren so that makes it the Mk1 horse box

I very rarely run my exisiting HD stock due to running more and more tension lock stuff. Any help would be appreciated.

If the models satisfy you for appearance, then there is a range of options to keep them operating. Whip off the HD coupler and use a Bachmann screw on miniature tension lock on the pivot post; saw off the coupler mounting entire, and glue on an NEM pocket mount from Chivers Finelines or Parkside, use the NEM mounting coupler of choice (change wheelsets to metal running in pinpoint bearings): discard the whole chassis, substitute a suitable RTR unit or scratch/kit built a replacement. I have used all of these to keep these good old body mouldings of prototypes not otherwise available RTR, in service on my layout. When it can be used, the heavy HD chassis makes for a very smooth running wagon once Gibson or similar wheels running in brass pinpoint earings are substituted.

Try Parkside Dundas GWR Horse Box N13. I discovered this about 1 week after upgrading an old triang Horsebox

Ah Yes, forgot about that one. But, if mozzer is right about the OP's intent, that's also a bit too early. However if its just one that ran in BR days, the N13 is OK as there were some still around after nationalisation.

Archived