Eurostar Intermediate Trailers

I would like to have a full length Eurostar running on my garden layout. Getting hold of divisable coaches is proving problematic and expensive! The articulated bogies are very easy to get hold of though! I have decided rather than cutting up coaches, it would be cheaper to make silicone rubber moulds of the roofs and  ends as a complete unit and do the same with the underframe, but with provision for the articulated bogie,  then cast them in polyurethane resin. The sides I would cut out of plasticard with my Silhouette cutting machine. Now does anyone know how you take divisable coaches apart and where you can get transfers for the original Eurostar livery? 

• 2 weeks later...

Finally found the reference for the holes in the inverter door which means I now have completed all six different variations in the underframe doors.

image.png.374d1cf60f43132b6597fbf188cfc7e2.png

The only part of the underframe left is the steps which I'm still looking for references on and then the underframe will be completely done.

After that, the only things left to do will be the bodyshell differences for the r6 bar car, the interiors, and working out how I'm gonna make the actual windows

Tried printing a body shell out at 55° to see if it would improve the print, suffice it to say: some benefits, some cons. Need to think about it

0° on left, 55° on right

IMG_20211207_212316.jpg.56cb16ae6f81167d4e6f4e433f7539e8.jpg

IMG_20211207_212353.jpg.ca3dae3bb05e9150d1ba4204aa4926e3.jpg

• Like 3

and the other side (not done yet but the windows are at least. And discovered instersect faces, so i'm not having to do it all manually anymore. Hours of my life i will not get back)

image.png.0990da67cb6214cb250622a983d153bc.png

Edited by sga962
  • Like 3

14 hours ago, DGO said:

Platform support column for London St. Pancras International terminal, will you be doing the rest of the Victorian Gothic building to go with it ? Now that would be something to see

Dependent on having enough references to do it accurately, that's that plan. Not got the space to have it fully assembled yet but this will take long enough that I have time to work something out

• Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 24/11/2022 at 15:57, WCML100 said:

I don't suppose you will be selling these 3d prints by chance - looking to do a NoL set and these would come in handy rather than me cutting shutting / modifying the end coaches...

thanks

possible if i ever get it to a point where im happy with it. havent yet done the interior and i have no idea how to do the glazing though. Damn Transparency XD

I'm planning to take another pass at it soon when I have some free time

• Friendly/supportive 1