An Asymetrical double outside slip MK2

StuartM

• RMweb Gold

Hi stuart,

I liked pictures 2 and 3.

(I didn't like the first picture :- composition, angle, distance, 3D emphasis, I don't know.

So, rounding-up, I gave you a like! :)

Kev.

(Keep up the good work.)

Hi Stuart are the mainlines a static display or are there going to be fiddle yards

John

The four mainlines are at this stage purely scenic, although they are soldered for electrical continuity.

This small layout was built as a shunting plank, but evolved along the way, with my thinking being that I would build a number of layouts in modular form that one day can all be plugged together, but that remains to be seen.

Autocoupler: some more video's maybe one day when I have converted enough stock and have actually finished. I've got to the stage now where I need to go and do something different and come back this layout with renewed interest.

A new gantry (nod to Ben A for suggesting this earlier)

Not exactly finescale and not exactly sure if its suitable, so I shall live with it for a few days before making it permanent 

post-10866-0-21557200-1395777692_thumb.jpg

post-10866-0-30072700-1395777702_thumb.jpg

A new gantry (nod to Ben A for suggesting this earlier)

Not exactly finescale

Once weathered and "bedded in" I'm sure I would have been quite happy to believe it. Now you've spoilt the illusion :-)

Andrew

Apart from some buildings along the back scene, this layout is all but finished,

so a final few photos before I move onto something else

Thanks for all the likes and comments, they have been much appreciated and have helped to keep me going and get this far.

post-10866-0-30572100-1397241995_thumb.jpg

post-10866-0-17604800-1397242007_thumb.jpg

post-10866-0-78504500-1397242027_thumb.jpg

post-10866-0-66136600-1397242042_thumb.jpg

post-10866-0-26139800-1397242055_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

not sure if i have  mentioned this  or any one else has  but there is at least one  outside double slip  at the end of the platforms  at Liverpool street  station in London saw it  this afternoon

not sure if i have  mentioned this  or any one else has  but there is at least one  outside double slip  at the end of the platforms  at Liverpool street  station in London saw it  this afternoon

Any chance of a photo the next time your passing?

I thought people who are starting out in the hobby might be interested in this photo which shows just 'some' of the structures that have been built and then rejected during the making of this model, which includes 2 platforms, one of which was adapted to receive the control panel, all of which was then rejected when the panel was moved to another position and the yard altered. 3 types of platform canopy mock up, 4 building mock ups, 1 portacabin, a yard hut and a fright canopy. This does not include the final freight depot which was rebuilt from the balsa used to make the initial mock-ups, and don't even get me started on the number of attempts to get the retaining walls either side of the bridge right. And then there was the track!

The point being for new comers is to realise that a man who never made mistakes never made anything, don't be afraid to make something and then bin it for something better.

post-10866-0-89551500-1398505301_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

will try  to  get  a picture next time im there .  trouble is i  dont go that often 

was at liverpool street yesterday  unfortunately  i was not able to get a pic  from the train due to dirtry windows and the fact the  slip id in a tunnel

was at liverpool street yesterday  unfortunately  i was not able to get a pic  from the train due to dirtry windows and the fact the  slip id in a tunnel

No worries, thanks for trying

Was it the slip in this video 30secs in on the right?

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

as promised a couple of pics of the Asy slip at attcon main line it leads into the goods yard. sorry for the poor quality  was taken from the  bus if wanted i will get up there with my better camera

Thanks Nigel,

Like you say shame about the quality, but definitely a double outside slip.

Thanks for taking the time to photo and post

Rgds,

Stuart

Archived