Bachmann 37 stuck with sound and motor on different addresses

Brush47337

searched but can't find an answer

sorry (mods) if this is a repeat question

my friend has given me a Bachmann sound fitted 37 that decided to change it's address

motor AND sound were on address 3 as supplied by Bachmann

after 3 months use.......... motor is still 3 but sound functions only respond if address 6 is dialled.

as you can imagine - not much fun having to change between movement commands and sound commands.

I have offers to try and fix it - before I poke it with my big fat fingers can I ask if this is a known problem or if any DCC experts on here know where I should start

thanks in antici.......................... pation.

Stuart

wow that was fast

thanks

I came back to add that my pal has no programming ability on his layout - so he can't have mucked this up..... and that I have already tried to reset the loco address to a number 2.

The chip took the number 2 for motor control - but the sound functions refused to listen and is stuck on 6

I will try cv 8 as suggested and factory reset

thanks for the suggestions

Stuart

I've never heard of motor and sound ending up on different addesses before. Has anyone else heard of this type of problem previously?

It makes me wonder if somehow the loco has been set up as a consist using address 6 for the consist, but the consist hasn't been cleared properly.  Resetting the decoder should fix that.

Archived