Sign in to follow this  
Chrisd346

Are there any model clubs in Northern Ireland?

Just wondering if there are any other railway enthusiasts or clubs here in N.I. I am in the Limavady area. Keen to learn from others as at 31, I am quite young at this game!

Some clubs that I am aware of that may be of interest are :- North Down Model Railway Society based in Bangor,1st Bangor Model Railway Club also based in Bangor,surprisingly! and the Ulster Model Railway Club based in Belfast.All 3 of the above clubs have their own websites which would give you more information on them.There is also the Erne Model Railway Club based in Enniskillen but dont know much about them.

North Down Model Railway Society will be holding their annual exhibition on Sat and Sun 20/21/4/13 at Bangor leisure centre,this is reckoned to be one of the best shows in Ireland.

A bit closer to home for you and happening this weekend,Sat 23/3/13 is a  railfest being held in Castlerock in the Peter Thompson hall.Killagan from this forum will be on display along with North Down MRS Ballyclare layout and a couple of N gauge layouts from 1st Bangor.

Ah now that sounds interesting, I might pop along to that if I get the chance! Do you know if there is an admission fee? Thanks

Thanks, looks like it could be a good day out. I know Castlerock isnt very big but can anyone tell me exactly where the hall is that will host the layouts?

HI, I have just finished a website for the Northern Counties Group on the history of the LMSNCC, could be worth a look.  http://www.lmsncc.org/ with some links to various clubs and exhibitions. 

Hugh

• Like 1

Hugh has gone a great job, but just in case any of you are wondering, some sections (for example, the "modelling" section) are far from being completed and still need a good bit of work done, so be patient!. WE hope to add more material as we have time. But I hope everyone will enjoy it.

Colm F

Just had a quick look through this new Web Site, well done, a great start. I'll be following your progress with interest.

Have to agree with Kirley, well done men and looking forward to more of the same.

Why not come along to Whitehead Railway Museum's Whitehead Model Railway Day on Saturday 9th November 2019. Further info in Facebook Whitehead Railway Museum of SteamTrainsIreland website.