Small TMD office. Advice needed please

I'm having a go at a bit of scratch building, interpreting a picture someone posted on here of a mess building. I've adapted it to be a mess and office for my small TMD.

I'm in need of a little advice.....

. In my TMD, it will be atop a small mound, around 5 foot in height, and with a rise up to the car park on the left hand side of a similar amount. What i'd like some advice on, is given it's set in the early 80's, would the steps up to car park, and down from office have a sloping wall either side of them, simple hand rails, nothing at all? Would there be likely to be a wall around the paved area which will surround the building to prevent people sliding down the slopes?

post-13575-0-67895600-1364761759_thumb.jpg

post-13575-0-52521500-1364761804_thumb.jpg

post-13575-0-04861100-1364761824_thumb.jpg

• RMweb Premium

I'm having a go at a bit of scratch building, interpreting a picture someone posted on here of a mess building. I've adapted it to be a mess and office for my small TMD.

I'm in need of a little advice.....

. In my TMD, it will be atop a small mound, around 5 foot in height, and with a rise up to the car park on the left hand side of a similar amount. What i'd like some advice on, is given it's set in the early 80's, would the steps up to car park, and down from office have a sloping wall either side of them, simple hand rails, nothing at all? Would there be likely to be a wall around the paved area which will surround the building to prevent people sliding down the slopes?

Hi Nev

It would be 6 or 7 steps if a normal 9 inch rise, so I would think nothing. There might be a small retaining wall either side of the steps.

Archived