66702GBRf's layout, 'Pumbaton'

66702GBRf

Hi,

This is my layout, in my bedroom at home. It is OO gauge, mainly setrack. It has a fiddle yard ( a bit hard to access though), scenic 'helix' and a terminus. More to come.

post-19000-0-10389500-1369360902_thumb.jpg

Love this one

post-19000-0-35174500-1369360933_thumb.jpg

Overall of station

post-19000-0-32730900-1369360963_thumb.jpg

post-19000-0-08543700-1369360989_thumb.jpg

Favourite

post-19000-0-55198400-1369361015_thumb.jpg

post-19000-0-19296700-1369361086_thumb.jpg

post-19000-0-24019200-1369361113_thumb.jpg

post-19000-0-83439000-1369361139_thumb.jpg

Run by a Hornby elite. So far no issues, nice to use

post-19000-0-08287200-1369361163_thumb.jpg

Hi came to look after you posted on ours.  :mosking:  Thank you for that.

There has clearly been some thought and attention to your layout. You have a good idea for photography :yes:  thereby maximising your presentation to good advantage.The scenic detail, i.e. trees, grasses and the little path are all well thought out as well. I particularly like the 7th picture with the semi detached house earth and turf and fencing. Nice trees. The dark blue walls are used to good effect as well.

If I was to recommend anything it would be to paint your platform and its fence, sooner than later, so that you can use your photgraphy to better effect. A couple of the loco picture would hugely benefit from not having the plastic finish being so obvious.

What you have fitted in such a small space whilst avoiding it looking crowded takes good planning. I will come back to see your progress, and check out further pictures. Bye for now.

Hi came to look after you posted on ours. :mosking: Thank you for that.

There has clearly been some thought and attention to your layout. You have a good idea for photography :yes: thereby maximising your presentation to good advantage.The scenic detail, i.e. trees, grasses and the little path are all well thought out as well. I particularly like the 7th picture with the semi detached house earth and turf and fencing. Nice trees. The dark blue walls are used to good effect as well.

If I was to recommend anything it would be to paint your platform and its fence, sooner than later, so that you can use your photgraphy to better effect. A couple of the loco picture would hugely benefit from not having the plastic finish being so obvious.

What you have fitted in such a small space whilst avoiding it looking crowded takes good planning. I will come back to see your progress, and check out further pictures. Bye for now.

Thanks!!!!! I agree that the platforms, and even the Hornby station building needs some work!! Anyone have suggestions for the platforms (no idea what uk platforms are like, being in Australia). Any tips greatly appreciated!!

HI

I like your layout.   Platforms... boy they are giving me a headache at present on Arboretum Valley for Kalboro. I am using plasterboard, which is in itself not a problem, but, the loading gauge of various coaches is. Maybe I am being too picky, but I spent time taking a few photos of the clearance on stations on the ECML and WR to get it right, and because I am trying to avoid them looking as if the passengers have to be olympic long jumper to exit the train. There must be a reasonable compromise somewhere, but not found it yet, so I am continually altering them as I try new stock. Not much help I am sorry, but at least you know you are not alone.

Next time I will build the platforms first and then try to get the track to follow, feels like it might be easier.

My only tip is to give the locos a little bit a of a wipe down with some lint free cloth, to remove the dust before you photograph. For close ups it can take the edge off a really lifelike photo.

Keep the thread coming, and never forget it should always be fun.

regards

Kal

HI

I like your layout.   Platforms... boy they are giving me a headache at present on Arboretum Valley for Kalboro. I am using plasterboard, which is in itself not a problem, but, the loading gauge of various coaches is. Maybe I am being too picky, but I spent time taking a few photos of the clearance on stations on the ECML and WR to get it right, and because I am trying to avoid them looking as if the passengers have to be olympic long jumper to exit the train. There must be a reasonable compromise somewhere, but not found it yet, so I am continually altering them as I try new stock. Not much help I am sorry, but at least you know you are not alone.

Next time I will build the platforms first and then try to get the track to follow, feels like it might be easier.

My only tip is to give the locos a little bit a of a wipe down with some lint free cloth, to remove the dust before you photograph. For close ups it can take the edge off a really lifelike photo.

Keep the thread coming, and never forget it should always be fun.

regards

Kal

Thanks!!! I agree, platforms are a pain in the a**e!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the tip on keeping the locos clean, I had tried a soft paintbrush, and that worked ok, I will try the lint free cloth!!!

66702GBRf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Jaz thanks again,

I may try that but I still dont know how realistic they may finish.

Does anyone have any photos of platforms (modern) in the UK that you wouldn't mind sharing??

Thanks heaps

med_gallery_17883_2781_1239544.jpg

hope this helps, google any station and the word platform ;)

med_gallery_17883_2781_1239544.jpg

hope this helps, google any station and the word platform ;)

Thanks, I tried google but don't know British station names (being an Australian) so found it a little bland. Thanks heaps for that, now I need to work out how to model the wonky platforms...

In that case try these. That one is Peterborough, a reasonably busy station. Or a nearby heritage Nene Valley Railway. Some famous ones are Kings Cross, Paddington (both in London), Goathland.

Windosr has two, Blackpool has several.  Most of our cities have station named after them hope this helps ;)

• 5 months later...
  • 2 years later...

Archived