Arriva Blue ?

Hi.

Some photo's of progress with the Arriva rake.

Microsol solved my problems.

Mk2's are for a 57/MK2/57

attachicon.gifWP_000361.jpgattachicon.gifWP_000358.jpgattachicon.gifWP_000357.jpgattachicon.gifWP_000352.jpgattachicon.gifWP_000351.jpg

Looking good now. Just one thing that sticks out is the differing door colours on the buffet first.  My pictures in September shows all doors the same light blue.  Are you doing that coach in an earlier version of the livery ?

Merf.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks merf.

The buffet car has the doors on one side light blue, and Arriva

Turquoise the other side.

I know this departs from prototype, but I think the doors should

all be turquoise anyway, even though they aren't for a very good

reason.

regards

Keith.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Hi.

What colour should the interconnecting doors be on

the mk3's ?

I know they are white for the dvt, from the photo

kindly contributed, by "big jim".

Edited by pylonman
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Oh well.

At least I can say "I did these".

Like merf, must get mine finished !

Also doing a 47/mk2/47 train, which I guess

the big boys won't do now.

or am I so behind the times that they've

Already dome it !

Also doing an fgw night Riviera train.

I know the mk3's are available, if you've got the money.

The buffet car and sleepers aren't though.

This repainting lark, is costing me a fortune, as it has definitely got me hooked.

Also planning a 222 dmu in midland mainline livery.

Already got the cross country donor model.

• Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Progress has been very slow.

I have had to re-do the buffet car 5 times, if I am honest.

Re-done the DVT 3 times.

The two coaches and the 67 are the only items I was happy with, after the first rendition.

It's cost me a fortune in decals !

I have been a bit distracted by deciding to do the 47/mk2/47 train, and an FGW Night Riviera train.

Photo' s to follow in the next few days   "ARRIVA BLUE ? .......... THE SEQUEL"   !

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Very nice work ! I would hate to crash the party but Hornby is going to release the mk3's and the DVT in arriva trains wales later next year. Tim

No probs Tim. I had heard that Hornby are doing Arriva stock and releasing this year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I hold my hands up....... admit I was wrong !

Made my rendezvous with the Cardiff - Holyhead Premier Service, and the MK3 coaches, in the latest livery, are definitely Rail Blue (Dark Turquoise).

Even my photo's, (taken in RAW format), render the darker colour as blue, not dark turquoise....... weird.

Was up at 0500hrs, to get to Chester, on my day off.   The things we do for this hobby!

Don't like the light blue doors on the newer livery.

Question:

Are the Arriva Mk2 coaches the same colour as the Mk3's, if not what colour should I use ?

The photo's I took are in my gallery, if anyone is interested.

I agree, the livery used on the Y Gerallt Gymro when it was 57s and Mk2s with just the buffet being a mrk3 (with the doors painted in Arriva Turquoise) was even better looking than the one used today on the mrk3 set with the light-blue doors.

Progress: Arriva stock not far off complete.

attachicon.gifWP_000454.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_000456.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_000458.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_000462.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_000457.jpg

attachicon.gifWP_000461.jpg

ARRIVA PILE-UP !!!

Those mrk2s look great, and I'm rather partial to the ATW DVT as well. You seem to have done a good job of the mrk3s too, just a shame the real thing (and therefore your model) uses the lighter shade of blue on the doors. Of course you will need a second buffet car, one with the better-looking darker door colour, to go with the mrk2s. ATW had six mrk2s in the livery (I've seen one or two pictures of all six in use in one train, on rugby specials) and a load more which weren't.

• 10 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Hi what blue did you all use for the light blue doors please

Hi Thanks for your interest.

The blue for the doors is/was Humbrol number 47.

Hope that helps.

• 7 months later...

Having ridden on the WAG train last year, I decided to assemble on of my own from Hornby rolling stock.   Some of this is getting a bit rare but careful searching of the internet turned up some good prices.   The buffet car was difficult to source at a sensible price, but eventually my local model shop found one lurking on his shelf at half the price of ebay.

I had the idea of respraying a pair of spare HST power cars to match the coaches for a fictional alternative to class 67 and DVT haulage.   All I needed was the paint.   Precision Paints do not sell this colour.   So I ended up reading this post.   As mentioned a few paint companies will supply RAL5020 for around £24.   I searched for 'RAL5020' on ebay and got numerous results for aerosols priced as low as £8.15 with free p&p:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Monster-Spray-Paint-All-Finishes-All-Colours-All-purpose-DIY-Art-Crafts-Auto-/111851990656?var=&hash=item1a0ae5ee80:m:mRkeJY8RBYtpWiwFghLKX-w

I have no association with the seller and have not tried the product, but note is says suitable for plastics.   Just thought it was worth mentioning in case anybody is still looking for the colour.

Thanks for the prototype photos and congratulations on the superb resprays.

Having ridden on the WAG train last year, I decided to assemble on of my own from Hornby rolling stock.   Some of this is getting a bit rare but careful searching of the internet turned up some good prices.   The buffet car was difficult to source at a sensible price, but eventually my local model shop found one lurking on his shelf at half the price of ebay.

I had the idea of respraying a pair of spare HST power cars to match the coaches for a fictional alternative to class 67 and DVT haulage.   All I needed was the paint.   Precision Paints do not sell this colour.   So I ended up reading this post.   As mentioned a few paint companies will supply RAL5020 for around £24.   I searched for 'RAL5020' on ebay and got numerous results for aerosols priced as low as £8.15 with free p&p:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Monster-Spray-Paint-All-Finishes-All-Colours-All-purpose-DIY-Art-Crafts-Auto-/111851990656?var=&hash=item1a0ae5ee80:m:mRkeJY8RBYtpWiwFghLKX-w

I have no association with the seller and have not tried the product, but note is says suitable for plastics.   Just thought it was worth mentioning in case anybody is still looking for the colour.

Thanks for the prototype photos and congratulations on the superb resprays.

Would be very interested in seeing your hst power cars when finished if you do go a head with them?