Future Lionheart open wagons in 7mm

Rambler

Tucked away in the News section of the Lionheart website is the following:

Also I have just received the 3D drawings of the Company open wagons for me to review listed below:-

• Great Western 5-plank open wagon to Diagram 029 Morton brakes
  • London Midland 5-plank open wagon to Diagram D1666 Either side brakes
  • London North Eastern 6-plank open wagon to Diagram 3 Morton brakes

All the above are 17'-6" long on 9'-0" wheelbase, with both doors as separate parts so providing more internal detail and can be positioned open if desired.

If these are as good as the RCH Mineral wagons then I foresee serious wallet damage. :stinker: 

Also I have just received the 3D drawings of the Company open wagons for me to review listed below:-

All the above are 17'-6" long on 9'-0" wheelbase, with both doors as separate parts so providing more internal detail and can be positioned open if desired.

If these are as good as the RCH Mineral wagons then I foresee serious wallet damage. :stinker: 

I spoke to Richard Webster the other day and he mentioned these projects. They will be up to the expected Lionheart standard and I am preparing to open negotiations with the exchequer, which could be tense as I have just received the invoice for my DCC sound-fitted Heljan Western. There is just too much good stuff to buy these days.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Christmas is coming too.

And with a bit of luck the Fowler loco as well to pull the GWR wagon !!

If Chris is going to buy all of the Lionheart wagons does that mean the next Ixion locos will be LMS and LNER . . . . . ? ?

And with a bit of luck the Fowler loco as well to pull the GWR wagon !!

If Chris is going to buy all of the Lionheart wagons does that mean the next Ixion locos will be LMS and LNER . . . . . ? ?

Latest sitrep on the Ixion Fowler diesel is here: http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/75355-ixion-fowler-diesel-loco-update/page-2&do=findComment&comment=1194146

• 6 months later...

I see that Lionheart are now planning to produce tank wagons. These will be available ahead of the 5 planks.

From their Facebook page:

.....here is something new on the wagon front. We shall leapfrog the 5-plank open wagons with some tank wagons based on the Air Ministry design of 1939.... The Class A used for aviation fuel will be offered in two versions, these were later converted after the war to Class B by the installation of heating pipes, and bottom outlet discharge pipework, operators ESSO and SHELL/BP used these converted wagons up to the mid/late 1960's, so just embracing the steam/diesel transition period.
CAD's are all approved and toolmaking is planned to start in a couple of months with samples later this year and production early 2015

There's also a good selection of CAD drawings on the Facebook page

There goes some more of my hard earned cash!

• 2 months later...

New liveries for some of the po wagons now on Lionheart trains website in news section.

Baldwin 8plank+ coke rails

Baldwin 7plank + coke rails

Bedwas coke  8plank + coke rails

Lambert & cox  7plank

possibly for Telford

• 2 months later...

Hi Dreadnought05,

The production is complete, just waiting for my shipper to give me costings for air or sea shipment, if sea by the end of October and yes I will have them available on the website. I have changed the interior colour slightly so looks much better even better if weathered.

Thanks for your interest

Lionheart

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Everything appears to have gone very quiet, is there any update on this?

• 2 weeks later...

Everything appears to have gone very quiet, is there any update on this?

When the tank wagon was announced it was said these would leap frog the opens, well the tank waggons are making good progress (see the  Lionheart facebook)  One would hope the opens are chugging away but of course may have to wait their turn for funds and/or slots to progress to cutting metal or getting production runs.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 years later...
On 18/10/2013 at 13:29, 81A Oldoak said:

I spoke to Richard Webster the other day and he mentioned these projects. They will be up to the expected Lionheart standard and I am preparing to open negotiations with the exchequer ...

Well done for just cracking on with it instead :)