Andy Y

2014 Hornby Announcements

If I read that correctly 19 November is the latest date on which a container can arrive in the UK in time for stock to reach retailers before Christmas.  In other words it takes 5 weeks for the container to be identified out of the stack at the port, passed through customs, loaded to a a road vehicle, arrive at the new state of the art warehouse and be emptied and have the stock sorted ready for forwarding to the retailers arriving in time for someone visiting the shop to be able to buy it before Christmas?

That does seem quite a long time to me as i would have thought it wouldn't be over difficult to get the box out of the port within a week of its arrival although I appreciate that it could be more difficult as this time of year with everyone receiving pre-Christmas deliveries.

If yu don't get the box out of the port inside a week you'll be paying demurrage... My guess is that the delay is in terms of sorting at the warehouse and dispatch to the retailer

If yu don't get the box out of the port inside a week you'll be paying demurrage... My guess is that the delay is in terms of sorting at the warehouse and dispatch to the retailer

Don't forget the traffic delays on the A14 from Felixstowe.... :jester:

Stewart

Don't forget the traffic delays on the A14 from Felixstowe.... :jester:

Stewart

It was pretty clear yesterday....

In the past I've had packages delivered to me using Hornby recycled outer boxes and they've generally been stamped "Via Thamesport."

My Golden Shuttle arrived on Thursday 15 November and has enabled me to reproduce in miniature page 1041 of Arthur Mee's Children's Encyclopaedia. He chose Golden Shuttle for the LNER express locomotive.

post-17621-0-82891500-1416922676_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Just looking back over the archive...

nearly all of the 2014 range is with us now (still around 10 to go :-)

never did check on this opinion of Hornby doing the original MN though :-)

Eighteen months is a long time in railway modelling. Much has changed.

Not least, "Muz" has got involved in the original MN design ........ :imsohappy: