Alexander Models?

Avionyx

Sorry to  see this too. I wish Dave a long and happy retirement.  Lots of small model railway manufacturers are at the same stage.  It is an age thing  the "bright young men" of the early 70s are getting fewer.  Where are the small scale Entrepreneurs of the 21st century to replace them?. 

best wishes,

Ian

who is starting to feel his age

• RMweb Gold

Sorry to  see this too. I wish Dave a long and happy retirement.  Lots of small model railway manufacturers are at the same stage.  It is an age thing  the "bright young men" of the early 70s are getting fewer.  Where are the small scale Entrepreneurs of the 21st century to replace them?. 

best wishes,

Ian

who is starting to feel his age

We are about Ian, which as I type this I have just turned 33.

RT Models started back in December 2009 and has taken on 3 ranges in its time so far although I'm taking a break for the next month or so.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
20 minutes ago, charliepetty said:

Dave is quite ill, so I would suggest you write to him and buy now, sooner than later.   Charlie

I hope that I am entirely wrong, but I am starting to wonder if working with / casting whitemetal is somehow linked to certain serious illnesses in later life.

Currently, there seem to be an inordinate number of former cast kit producers suffering in this way.

Perhaps a subject for consideration by those still engaged in that business?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Gold
9 minutes ago, cctransuk said:

I hope that I am entirely wrong, but I am starting to wonder if working with / casting whitemetal is somehow linked to certain serious illnesses in later life.

Currently, there seem to be an inordinate number of former cast kit producers suffering in this way.

Perhaps a subject for consideration by those still engaged in that business?

Regards,

John Isherwood.

It has always been known that working with whitemetal has health consequences due to the heavy metals.

2 hours ago, Joseph_Pestell said:

It has always been known that working with whitemetal has health consequences due to the heavy metals.

Are their precautions that can be taken - filter masks for fumes, gloves for skin protection?

It seems a terrible shame if, as a consequence of servicing our hobby, kit producers are having their life expectancy compromised.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

• RMweb Premium
On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 11:54, cctransuk said:

Are their precautions that can be taken - filter masks for fumes, gloves for skin protection?

It seems a terrible shame if, as a consequence of servicing our hobby, kit producers are having their life expectancy compromised.

Regards,

John Isherwood.

You should be able to get a material safety data sheet from your supplier if you are buying white metal which will provide H&S guidance.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...