Mallard Partwork

Yes that's what I thought Mike wish we could all stick to the same termalogie lol thank you Mike

LOL, mine is unstarted.

LOL, mine is unstarted.

Hi Jeff this makes a brilliant job iam on my second one I've put different parts on which I've got from other websites but please don't follow the instructions to the letter there is a load of easer ways all the best Martin

Oh wow, you must really like doing these kits. I still have mine, I think it's going to end up on ebay soon though as I'm starting a new job and definitely will not have spare time to build it.

Hi does anybody have spare issues or part done or incomplete models as iam interested in purchasing them all issues needed especially tender parts please pm with what you have to dispose off

Hi everyone hows your A4 going mine are a bit further on come on lets have some thought winter is on its way time to find were you got to and crack on

I may crack on with it over the winter.....nobody seemed interested in it when I offered it for sale so I'm going to look into motor/gearbox options and possibly even consider dead railing it.

I may crack on with it over the winter.....nobody seemed interested in it when I offered it for sale so I'm going to look into motor/gearbox options and possibly even consider dead railing it.

what is dead railing mean sorry new one on me

Essentially you have onboard power from a battery, similar to R/C cars, and control the train in the same way instead of requiring power through the rails. As I have no other O gauge equipment besides the Mallard, there is no harm in experimenting as I see it.

Just to finally complete my occasional involvement with this build thread......................

MINE IS 99% FINALLY COMPLETELY ASSEMBLED WITH A FULLY WORKING AND PAINTED LOCO CHASSIS AS FROM  13TH NOVEMBER 2019.

DSC05255.JPG.66125436c5bbe83d480ac64fe22ad480.JPG

DSC05275.JPG.9dae4d55ddbf97a82cffd4b1e0fa464f.JPG

DSC05324.JPG.3d77ad2319de5056459a3811ab7618df.JPG

DSC05269.JPG.7f823130a1aa076d2caa1beacbd10df9.JPG

just the final paint finish to do and to add the cab detail which will be painted last.......................

DSC05329.JPG.fc7a897a9480d9e78b80fec78b4600e9.JPG

Edited by ROSSPOP
change of details
  • Like 4