If you're new to the forum this is an ideal place to introduce yourself.

Hi!

bigbear

Hi! I'm new to this board, so thought I'd introduce myself.

I'm male, 59, married with grown up kids and live in East Devon, UK.

I am currently engaged in building an N gauge layout depicting the west country in 1951. This is quite specific as I am a GWR person, but have acquired some blood and custard Mk1 coaches, as I liked the look of them! Hence 1951, the earliest date I can run these and hold my head up in public!

The location is not so fixed... I wanted to run GWR, Southern and early British Rail stock, so it has to be either Devon, between Exeter and Taunton, or Wiltshire on the southern end of the Tiddly Dyke - M&SWJR - which is the line I grew up with. At least, I did until it was taken to pieces... I couldn't think of another place that would allow this mix?

Apart from railways, I am interested in steam generally, tractors, science fiction - Doctor Who mainly - Action Man, Minic Ships, Britains Farm, Zoo and Garden Toys, Timpo figures, plus a lot of ephemera like Brooke Bond Tea Cards, Kelloggs giveaways, etc.

I work as an audiovisual support person in our local secondary school, where my job includes theatrical lighting, p.a. systems, videoing all school activities and repairing both sound and light equipment and helping the IT department out in my (few) quiet times.

That's me! I look forward to some interesting reading on the forums!

• RMweb Gold

Hello bigbear and welcome,

The "Tiddly Dyke" line sounds fascinating to me.

Your memory and imagination will help you loads here as it is "the line you grew up with".

But don't listen to me - I know nowt - but, thankfully, there are plenty of people here who do.

Enjoy surfing RMweb,

Kev.

Archived