7mm mk3 coaches and class 442 build

Vin

Hi all

I dont know if any of my fellow RMWebber's can help but Vin the guy building the 442 for me seems to have vanished? I don't know if any of you on the forum could shed any light to if he is still a member etc....... I still have not got the 442 as yet I appreciate Vin is a busy man but he has not been responding to emails messages etc which is not like Vin.

Any help would be appreciated?

Cheers

Darren NSE DAZ

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

Hi all

I have come to the conclusion that I have sadly lost £2000 with this build as I have had no contact with Vin since September 2014!! I have phoned, posted letters, emailed & PM Vin with no joy?

I hope Vin is well but fear the worst.  I live over 240 miles away so not a 5 minute journey to call at his address to investigate.

If any of you good folk know any info on Vin please could you drop me a PM.

Thanks all, I suppose its the risk I took and this time I lost....big time!

Darren NSE DAZ

• RMweb Premium

Where does he live? Someone local may be able to check.

He was active on the forum until your previous post, which piques my cynicism gene. Small claims?

Edited by njee20
  • Like 1

Hi all

I have come to the conclusion that I have sadly lost £2000 with this build as I have had no contact with Vin since September 2014!! I have phoned, posted letters, emailed & PM Vin with no joy?

I hope Vin is well but fear the worst.  I live over 240 miles away so not a 5 minute journey to call at his address to investigate.

If any of you good folk know any info on Vin please could you drop me a PM.

Thanks all, I suppose its the risk I took and this time I lost....big time!

Darren NSE DAZ

Daz PM we can have a chat cheers Gaz 

Where does he live? Someone local may be able to check.

He was active on the forum until your previous post, which piques my cynicism gene. Small claims?

Hi njee20 thanks for your support.

He lives in Scarborough, North Yorkshire. Was he active on the forum? Lets hope he is ok and this is just an over sight!!

Darren NSE DAZ

Daz PM we can have a chat cheers Gaz 

Hi Gazza

Many thanks PM sent

All the best Darren NSE DAZ

• RMweb Premium

He lives in Scarborough, North Yorkshire. Was he active on the forum? Lets hope he is ok and this is just an over sight!!

He visited on 30th Sept 16, but not since. certainly a bit odd. Hope there's nothing nefarious going on!

• 1 year later...

Hi all sorry to drag this up once again but it appears that Vin is well...... I have noticed that he is active again on a well known auction site. The reason for me raising this thread again is that one of you sent me a message last year regarding dealings with Vin, I can not seem to find this so if you could be so kind and send this again to me it would be appreciated.  I hope that Vin will be contacting me as I have sent him a message via the selling site. For the records to this date 4 years on I still have no 442 and still £2000 worst off!!. Lets hope its just an oversight and the 442 will be with me soon or a re-fund???

Thanks all for you help

Darren NSE DAZ

Edited by NSE DAZ

• 1 year later...

Hi all,

Just a little update and maybe some light at the end of the tunnel? I am back in talks with Vin and he is promising me that the 442 is still being built.... Lets hope I have some updates for you all soon as its now been over 5 years wow!! Vin is selling 7mm class 50 nameplates on ebay so know he is well.

As soon as I have any updates I will let you all know?

All the best,

DAZ

On 31/12/2019 at 03:13, NSE DAZ said:

Hi all,

Just a little update and maybe some light at the end of the tunnel? I am back in talks with Vin and he is promising me that the 442 is still being built.... Lets hope I have some updates for you all soon as its now been over 5 years wow!! Vin is selling 7mm class 50 nameplates on ebay so know he is well.

As soon as I have any updates I will let you all know?

All the best,

DAZ

This sounds highly suspicious.  Have you seen any photo proof of any work?  Five years of avodiance and sporadic "talks" is not genuine progress IMHO.

• Agree 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

Hi LaScala,

I had also given up all hope and yes I am still not over convinced as I have not seen any evidence of the progress i.e pictures etc.... I am hoping that after a conversation with Vin, after discovering he is selling 7mm nameplates on ebay, that he is telling me the truth and works are going on!! I will be giving him a deadline plus will be requesting pictures... Fingers crossed as this is a lot of money to loose!

Darren NSE DAZ

• 1 month later...

Hello all,

I haven't posted at all on this forum but I must have made an account at some point whilst scrolling through ages ago. I've been reading this thread this evening as I've been interested in making a Class 442 (actually for 00). However, I was surprised to find this issue with the purchase of the model was recent! (Normally I get to this sort of thing years too late.)

Has @NSE DAZ made any more progress in his purchase of the 442, or has the creator gone quiet once more? I understand I have never posted here before put I am invested in the story now! :D

Thanks,

-Peter

Sorry if anything I've done isn't in the normal way for posters on this forum to post - I'm new and every forum seems to have a different way of posting!

• Like 1

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your post.

I am sorry to report that I have still not had no pictures or seen any evidence that the 442 is being built? I am contacting Vin via his ebay account but he always states that he is very busy and has not made any progress!! He seems to be selling 7mm class 50 nameplates at the moment and has time for this?  I am hoping that he will do the decent thing and complete the 442 or return my large amount of money that I have paid him so far!!

If I have any updates you all will be first to know.......Fingers crossesd.......

On 06/02/2020 at 18:48, NSE DAZ said:

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your post.

I am sorry to report that I have still not had no pictures or seen any evidence that the 442 is being built? I am contacting Vin via his ebay account but he always states that he is very busy and has not made any progress!! He seems to be selling 7mm class 50 nameplates at the moment and has time for this?  I am hoping that he will do the decent thing and complete the 442 or return my large amount of money that I have paid him so far!!

If I have any updates you all will be first to know.......Fingers crossesd.......

Oh no! :(

I'd say that if you don't get a response after you keep asking for updates, you should probably ask for your money back! Having read your earlier posts £2000 is a lot of money - I'd never be able to even think of spending that much on a model (not saying you're wrong to do so - far from it!) and for someone to take that money and then not produce a finished product is just unbelievable.

I wish you all the best in your ventures to get hold of this Class 442 and I await the next "installment" in this saga.

Thanks,

-Peter

• 2 months later...

Hello all,

I was just looking through the forums and found this thread again and I was wondering if there were any developments which have taken place in @NSE DAZ getting hold of this Class 442? I hope all has gone well but given previous news I doubt anything much has happened.

Thanks,

-Peter

• Thanks 1

• RMweb Premium

I’d just take him to small claims court now. It’ll cost you £20 or so. Serve him notice in writing with a deadline. It’s totally unacceptable, given he has your money, to say he’s too busy to deliver. Would you really want it now, with all the history? I’d not want him to benefit from it. A shame, as it was looking superb. 

Edit: I realise I suggested this 3 years ago, I can’t believe you’ve not done this. 

Edited by njee20
  • Thanks 1

Hi Peter, I am still in contact with Vin as he is selling 7mm name plates on ebay at the moment, he said that he is still very busy and has promised me pictures of the recent progress! I am going to wait until the end of this month then I may have to have re-think what my next move will be at this has been sevral years now and £1800 is a lot of money to loose!! Lets just hope the pictures show up in the next few days? I appreciate we are all busy but now taking the Mike a little as still selling other items on ebay etc..... Thanks for your support. Daz

On 23/04/2020 at 08:06, njee20 said:

I’d just take him to small claims court now. It’ll cost you £20 or so. Serve him notice in writing with a deadline. It’s totally unacceptable, given he has your money, to say he’s too busy to deliver. Would you really want it now, with all the history? I’d not want him to benefit from it. A shame, as it was looking superb. 

Edit: I realise I suggested this 3 years ago, I can’t believe you’ve not done this. 

I know!! I was at a stage where I was gathering evidence etc and had several RMWebbers help me build a case then Vin made contact with me again and it all looked like a genuine mistake! I am to soft but am now starting to loose all patiance with this and have been seeking advice via my union etc...i have had quite a few PM's with advice quite touching.  I am giving him a couple more weeks then going to take action!! Thanks for your help Darren NSE DAZ

Edited by NSE DAZ
  • Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear you still haven't made much progress with the 442 issue. Hopefully you'll get a positive resolution soon - everyone gets busy, but taking quite so long suggests he either can't or doesn't want to finish it to me.

• Thanks 1

Guest Half-full

Straight to the courts with this, its quite obvious he's not going to do the job,  Get your money back, plus interest.  

Soft action against false promises gets you absolutely nowhere, sorry if this sounds harsh but the guy needs taught a serious, expensive, lesson.

Unfortunately, there are a growing number of charlatans in this hobby and it needs nipped in the bud

Edited by Half-full

On 26/04/2020 at 15:42, NSE DAZ said:

Hi Peter, I am still in contact with Vin as he is selling 7mm name plates on ebay at the moment, he said that he is still very busy and has promised me pictures of the recent progress! I am going to wait until the end of this month then I may have to have re-think what my next move will be at this has been sevral years now and £1800 is a lot of money to loose!! Lets just hope the pictures show up in the next few days? I appreciate we are all busy but now taking the Mike a little as still selling other items on ebay etc..... Thanks for your support. Daz

That's not good at all. I'd reccomend keeping messaging him until you get a response and then if that doesn't work following the advice of others on this thread in recent posts. Even with the current situation, this is unacceptable! 

I hope all goes well,

-Peter

• Thanks 1