Feed Me! Feed Me NOW !

Nice photos Beast.

Every year, I watch the birds in our garden going through the same ritual from my office window. The young ones perch on the fence while their mums and dads fly all of 40cm or so to the bird feeder and then bring the feed back to their little ones. I'm sure they're quite capable of flying to the feeder themselves, but if you've got staff why bother?

post-7247-0-50340300-1400755723_thumb.jpg

Once or twice a year a sparrowhawk or kestrel swoops down and takes one of them away. I find it a bit hard to take but I guess birds of prey have hungry mouths to feed too. Can't help feeling protective towards "my brood" though.

Looking forward to your updates to see how "your" young family are getting on.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 6

Hi Dave,

They are great photos and its interesting just where birds find to nest.

This pic was taken last year at our house at the end of the verandah. A noisy mynah family was in the wisteria and the nest building was awful but Mum and Dad raised 3 chicks very successfully.  

Peter

post-6942-0-27188800-1401060352_thumb.jpg

• Like 2
  • RMweb Gold

I visited again tonight and it looks like I was lucky with my timing, I think the chicks have fledged and everyone has moved on.