Limited Edition LNER 'D11' 4-4-0 Marne in lined apple green

dibber25

Here is the livery sample of Model Rail's Bachmann limited edition 'D11' 4-4-0 as No. 5511 Marne in LNER apple green. They are the only LNER green 'D11s' for the foreseeable future. The limited run is 500 pieces, supplied with etched name, works and tender plates. Price including p+p is £146.95 (subscribers pay £132.26). Place your order now by telephoning 01209 613984 or go to 
www.modelrailoffers.co.uk

post-1062-0-10364100-1408019083_thumb.jpg

Will the final versions have the chimney upright and the buffer heads level??????

I believe the boiler handrails and ejector pipe, unless specially burnished, should be green where they lie over green boiler clothing......

By the way, only a thought - if they ever have it in the first place, do Ross Pop valves ever retain a bright finish in service?

Will the final versions have the chimney upright and the buffer heads level??????

I believe the boiler handrails and ejector pipe, unless specially burnished, should be green where they lie over green boiler clothing......

By the way, only a thought - if they ever have it in the first place, do Ross Pop valves ever retain a bright finish in service?

This a LIVERY approval version only - it has no motor, for instance.  One or two tweaks are being made to the livery but I'm not sure exactly what they entail. The handrail IS green but it is in shadow in the photograph. If the ejector pipe is made from the type of plastic often used for this type of external pipework it is usually only possible to have it in one colour. 

CHRIS LEIGH

• 2 months later...

Due to the costs of tooling different bodies and underframe variants etc, coaching stock is a more expensive and consequently riskier proposition for organisations such as ourselves to commission. I think, with current tooling and manufacturing costs on top of postage and handling, the business of special commissions will be left increasingly to those with direct access to customers (ie retail stores). Projects such as the D11 are, however, perfect for magazines since the limited edition of 500 is quite small, the livery is unique at present, and the major costs involved in developing the model have been covered by the NRM and Bachmann. It's a two-way street, as the extra 500 models for us, helps Bachmann to spread the initial development costs over a greater number of models.

CHRIS LEIGH

• 1 month later...

Hi Chris,

I am about to be charged for this item, so am presuming its arrived and will be sent soon.

Is this right?

Any pictures would be helpful.

Mark in OZ

Bachmann has given us a December date. Whilst we don't yet have the models, we expect them any day, and if Kernow is to stand any chance of getting them in the post before Christmas, they need to start processing the paperwork now. 

CHRIS LEIGH

• RMweb Gold

Bachmann has given us a December date. Whilst we don't yet have the models, we expect them any day, and if Kernow is to stand any chance of getting them in the post before Christmas, they need to start processing the paperwork now. 

CHRIS LEIGH

It has arrived.Mine is packed awaiting dispatch from Kernow.Excellent news.Now it's Marylebone-Manchester early 30's time !

• 8 months later...

Archived