Illuminated Mk1s

Cornish Triang Paul

It's the N gauge Brighton Belle.... Look closely.

Does anybody know what the lighting is like on these yet ?

Is there light bleed and does it match the compartments or is it just a general interior glow ? Got my eye on the Southern region ones but have seen no reviews yet.

I strongly suggest you do what can be done.... Wait for them to be released. It hasn't released so no one can help you nor can anyone do any reviews. As for light bleed, it had no trace in the Mk3s so I doubt it will on the re-tooled Mk1s.

• RMweb Premium

if the lighting in the mk3 coaches is anything to go by......

Might that be the saving grace...if the lighting has been designed to fit in all Hornby coaches (and the new Mk2s in particular). Assuming on that basis that its length is dictated by the shortest vehicles, the Mk1s (and probably also the Maunsells if produced with lights in future) may look much better than the longer Mk3s?

look at mk3s. the lighting is extremely short and whilst a mk3 is longer than a mk1 its still going to look a poor show if they use the same light bar.

and dont even get me started on how a corridor mk1 will look in terms of illuminating each compartment. it will look even worse not better due to the dividing partitions.

does anybody know yet if the non lit coaches run on std bogies or are they all fitted with pick ups regardless of whether it has a lighting system? if so this would be the better bet-make your own light boards very cheaply to illuminate toilets vestibules corridors guards compartments and corridors.

if you want lighting in your coaches you may as well get it as close to looking authentic as possible or just not bother.

i can think of nothing worse of a mk1 SK with only say the centre 6 compartments lit.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived