MR 201 October digital version

daftbovine

Model Rail 201 October has appeared on my news stand app and appears to be ready to download but when I try to download it, I get a box coming up saying there is a technical problem.

Has anyone else had the same problem? It could be something on our side as our download speed is painfully slow at the moment.

Regards

Veronica

I received that message along with one saying my account needs to be reset as the device limit has been exceeded. I've asked for the reset, but received the reply that it may take a couple of days. I guess there is no one to do it until the office reopens Monday.

Malcolm

I'm told that the problem is due to the new operating system (designed to overcome the old problems). Initially our people were thinking the fault was only showing on our equipment but now we know its a wider issue, our technical staff have been informed. We are working to clear it as soon as possible. In the meantime I apologise for the frustration caused.

CHRIS LEIGH

Can I provide some feedback please

I bought this issue on my iPad via iTunes on Saturday evening and was unable to download the issue at this time I was on iOS 8.0.0

I upgraded my so to 8.0.2 and still had the same problem

I deleted my MR app and reinstalled it - same problem

BUT if I try to download a previously bought but deleted issue ( I tested 2 ) it downloads fine

This might seem to suggest that the app is fine and runs ok on iOS 8.0.0 and ios 8.0.2

What doesn't work is the download of just the latest issue

Might that not suggest the problem is with the file for that issue rather than the app version or the version of iOS that it is running on ?

Can I provide some feedback please

I bought this issue on my iPad via iTunes on Saturday evening and was unable to download the issue at this time I was on iOS 8.0.0

I upgraded my so to 8.0.2 and still had the same problem

I deleted my MR app and reinstalled it - same problem

BUT if I try to download a previously bought but deleted issue ( I tested 2 ) it downloads fine

This might seem to suggest that the app is fine and runs ok on iOS 8.0.0 and ios 8.0.2

What doesn't work is the download of just the latest issue

Might that not suggest the problem is with the file for that issue rather than the app version or the version of iOS that it is running on ?

Thank you. Passed on.

CHRIS LEIGH 

• RMweb Gold

The instruction I have been given is: 'Delete the app from the newstand and download new app from the app store.'

CHRIS LEIGH

I ran into trouble because the new app requires a minimum of iOS 6, but the original iPad can't be updated past iOS 5.  

Luckily I have an iPad Air from work, so I could download using that, but other iPad 1 owners might not be so fortunate.

Mal

Hi Chris,

I was hoping you wouldn't suggest deleting the app and re-installing it. It always takes me ages to download all the back issues because our download speed is quite slow.

I have done as you suggested and have downloaded the October issue successfully.

Thank you once again for your help.

Archived