Rob's 7mm WR workbench

lancer1027

Here is a pic of 1xTSO and 2x FK lined .

attachicon.gifDSCN0927.JPG

Just realised that the chassis/underframe isnt finished plus i still have the interior to doon the second FK. Oooops , must crack on with that.

I have also given my peak a witness coat of primer.

This i will check when totally hardened and sort any "issues". Once this is done then it will have its warning panel yellow tidied then blue can be sprayed.

attachicon.gifDSCN0943.JPG

Rob

Nice work Rob, how do you go about laying down the grey and blue (inc the intricate rounded corners of the grey) livery?

Thanks in anticipation.

Kindest,

CME

• Like 1

Hi CME, thanks for the nice comments. When it comes to blue/grey i always spray nearly all the side in rail grey. This is then masked off as a rectangle with the corners snipped off to leave a slight angle. Once the corner transfers are added they cover the angle and when the lining is on it doesnt show. If there are any bits of blue or grey the wrong side of the line then i just touch in by hand. I use Fox water slide for the lining as i find easier to get a straight line (ish)

Phill the reason for the masking off was that i had already put the headcode characters in and painted the yellow around the headcode boxes. This has now been removed and all the yellow applied.

I will post a pic after i get back from Cleckheaton later.

Rob

As promised, just got back from the GOG Cleckheaton show.

Here are a couple of pics of the peak so far. Still work to do yet on the body.

post-6779-0-49576300-1433005478.jpg

post-6779-0-93604600-1433005520.jpg

As regards the show . Had a good day met up with friends Phill Dyson and Ross Peacock plus good to see Rob Pulham and have a catch up. Saw the fantastic painting Chris ( mrs Pulham ) had recently finished of D1015 Western Champion at Minehead. What an amazing talent she has. I was very impressed. Mentioned  a couple of time to Rob that if it went "missing" it was probably me. LOL 

As regards purchases, not much really. A peco point, buffers for the peak and  track pins so progress on the trackwork can continue. 

Anyone else who went i hope they had a good day. Right off to have a bite to eat and a glass of red or two.

Rob

• Like 6

As promised, just got back from the GOG Cleckheaton show.

Here are a couple of pics of the peak so far. Still work to do yet on the body.

attachicon.gifDSCN0945.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN0946.JPG

As regards the show . Had a good day met up with friends Phill Dyson and Ross Peacock plus good to see Rob Pulham and have a catch up. Saw the fantastic painting Chris ( mrs Pulham ) had recently finished of D1015 Western Champion at Minehead. What an amazing talent she has. I was very impressed. Mentioned  a couple of time to Rob that if it went "missing" it was probably me. LOL 

As regards purchases, not much really. A peco point, buffers for the peak and  track pins so progress on the trackwork can continue. 

Anyone else who went i hope they had a good day. Right off to have a bite to eat and a glass of red or two.

Rob

Where's my mention ?. I should be before Phill & Ross (+2) !!!.

Steve

• Like 1

Ive made some more progress on the peak. This time its on the bogies.

I have started to add the pipework which lives just above the bogies and is quite prominent when viewing from the side.

I haven't took any pics yet but will do so when ive added a few more pipes . I have also been working on the cut n shut of 4 more Mk2 TSO's and an FK again i will take some pics soon.

Rob.

Once all pillars were removed then using the etch window frames i started to mark out spacings .Then using 100thou plasticard i cut a strip the correct height and gradually started to work my way along.

Here is a pic of the previous FK corridor side to show the results.

attachicon.gifDSCN0619.JPG

Hi Rob, where do you get the window etches from?

D.

• 5 months later...

Here are some progress pics of my peak now i have finally worked out how to re-size and post. ( old pc in the scrap yard, new google notebook )

post-6779-0-72477100-1446971386.jpg

post-6779-0-26597500-1446971433.jpg

post-6779-0-14814200-1446971448.jpg

post-6779-0-46972600-1446971469.jpg

These pics have been taken a while ago and i have made quite a bit more progress since. I am off to take some more pics of the latest progress and will post later.

Rob

• Like 4

More progress pics of the peak.

post-6779-0-17854700-1446973790.jpg

post-6779-0-11319200-1446973811.jpg

post-6779-0-63503500-1446973833.jpg

post-6779-0-67919100-1446973861.jpg

post-6779-0-42719500-1446973881.jpg

I still have work to do but im getting there.

The bufferbeam needs a couple of hoses sorting then they can be painted. I will fit the other buffer head when i can find it arrrrrrrgh. The other bogie will get primer on if we ever get a sunny weekend before xmas, otherwise it will get sprayed the next time we do. In the meantime i will continue with the glazing before it goes off to have radio control equipment fitted.

Rob

• Like 6

Here is another of my projects. Building a rake of TPO's. These are scratch built using resin sides. I still have the roof to shorten and fit properly then detail, plus finish the glazing and add the security mesh behind the windows. Also i need to add end steps that hang down on brackets at both ends plus some other bits n bobs. 

post-6779-0-69886700-1446975002.jpg

post-6779-0-46699700-1446975017.jpg

post-6779-0-37378100-1446975031.jpg

The next vehicle which i have already started and again just need to sort the roof is M80456 which is a BPOT. This i will be selling as its really too modern for my time scale. I will do myself an ealier version with the larger windows at some point.

Rob

• Like 9

BTW in cold weather I spray outside & bring it inside to dry if SYMBO is not about ;)......warm the rattle can in warm water & shake well first :)

Hi Guys,

Warm all cans up indoors (and then shake well), warm the model with an old hair dryer (a new one if swmbo is out and you dare :mosking: !) and then as Phill says bring in to dry. Varnish and clear lacquer can be very problematic still though, so beware (they often offer mixed results even in good weather too!

Nice work Rob, great to see so much progress too!

In great haste.

Kindest,

CME

Not much to report really other than i have been making window theatres for the other side of Western Trooper and Western Stalwart and all of Western Buccaneers . These have been made out of bits of wire and plastic. I had to re-do the originals from Trooper as when the radio controlled equipment was installed when putting the body back onto the chassis it fouled the theatres.

this i have had to do by making the theatres closer to the windows. Unfortunately IMO they dont look as good as they dont give the impression that there is a narrow walkway but thats the way it has to be,

post-6779-0-58057800-1447490409.jpg

post-6779-0-46783900-1447490429.jpg

I will take some more pics of the boiler theatre and other engine as its slightly different representing the other side of the engine.

• Like 6