Lilliput MaK diesel are etched handrails available?

jonhall

I've just bought a second Lilliput MaK centre cab diesel, and this one has rather battered handrails - are the handrails available as a spare anywhere, or are etched ones already available (before I draw a set myself)

If I do draw a set for myself, any observations of variations between locos would be welcome.

Thanks,

Jon

A quick email to Bachmann's service department  last night drew the answer £6 per set plus £2 this morning with a paypal invoice, so hopefully in the next few days I should have a new set of (red) handrails - hmm, another HGK one or a quasi DB/NS 64.

Jon

That's useful to know. If you fancy a change from red, I remembered that AngusDe put this great looking loco in my Dutch thread. What's more, it looks like a pretty close match to the Liliput model:

12881666923_b7011416c3_b.jpg

2013-10-12 10.52.46 by gus200angus1959, on Flickr

As a leaser it could be justified most places - the pic was taken in Gutersloh

Edited by Jon Gwinnett
  • Like 3

Jon, no that's absolutely fine, I atually went into my photo's and looked up what I have of the Orange loco at Gutersloh, but it turns out it was a bit hemmed in when I was there and I have a rubbish almost head on, and nothing else.

Jon

• Like 1

Cheers,

Bit confused by trying to order the decals from Andreas TBH, did I miss the payment options or is bank transfer the only choice. Ho hum. Separately, how do we source the tiny international numbers, as shown on the cab side of 6455 above? Not a problem if you model a slightly earlier period.

Cheers,

Bit confused by trying to order the decals from Andreas TBH, did I miss the payment options or is bank transfer the only choice. Ho hum. Separately, how do we source the tiny international numbers, as shown on the cab side of 6455 above? Not a problem if you model a slightly earlier period.

Andreas?

The little UIC numbers can probably come from various wagon sheets I've accumulated, its the bigger 6418 on the nose f the bottom loco of my last post that looked a bit more tricky.

Anyway I've found my OVchipcard and SWT/Anglia permitting I'm on the overnight ferry towards Eurospoor Utrecht tomorrow night!

Jon

• Like 1

Andreas?

Andreas Nothaft: http://www.modellbahndecals.de/index.php

The little UIC numbers can probably come from various wagon sheets I've accumulated, its the bigger 6418 on the nose f the bottom loco of my last post that looked a bit more tricky.

Anyway I've found my OVchipcard and SWT/Anglia permitting I'm on the overnight ferry towards Eurospoor Utrecht tomorrow night!

Jon

Cool!

Edited by Jon Gwinnett

A quick coat of white primer

post-336-0-47005200-1414954537.jpg

followed by a couple of coats of Halfords workshop red.

post-336-0-30309600-1414954538.jpg

I *think* the flat part of the roof should be white?

I'm still not sure about rub-down transfers - I hate them at the best of times, and if I want 6418 (the loco on my tour of 6 weeks ago) then I need to change a 3 for an 8.

I used halfords grey primer it seemed to come out darker than yours jon and more shiny...bit bizarre. Was that the Mercia tour you did?

I was expecting white primer to help bring up the brightness of the red - as I say I suspect it was a bit damp/cold in the shed - this might have to go on hold until the Spring.

Yes the Mercia tour was quite good if you weren't disrupted by the engineering work.

Jon