Embossed card from ebay seller

Hi Folks, just a question here.. has anybody used this range of embossed card at all?  It's from a Greek(?) seller on ebay and I was just wondering if anyone had tried it out or had got any opinions on it. The photo looks good but I'm not convinced about the texture. Looks too good to be true!

Cheers

Jon F.

I wouldn't rush out and buy it again....if that is what you are asking!

What I was sent is NOT textured.

No, I was not happy with it.

khris

Ah thanks! I thought it looked too good to be true, especially at that price

Cheers

JF

I too bought some - the bricks were 3x correct size - the 'embossing' was the fact it was printed on textured/embossed wallpaper.

He was apparently happy to re-fund if I sent the stuff back at my expense, but I wasn't prepared to go to any expense, since it was mis-described. He ended up making false accusations about lack of payment about purchases that I hadn't made......

You really don't want to go there....!

I too bought some - the bricks were 3x correct size - the 'embossing' was the fact it was printed on textured/embossed wallpaper.

He was apparently happy to re-fund if I sent the stuff back at my expense, but I wasn't prepared to go to any expense, since it was mis-described. He ended up making false accusations about lack of payment about purchases that I hadn't made......

Giles,

You were fortunate as my are printed on NON embossed papers!

One other thing I forgot to mention was that the colours are not as saturated as in the ebay image either.

Little bit washed out.

khris

Thanks both!

Message received and firmly understood :good:

Jon F.

You should or should have put in a dispute, the sellers pays return postage. If everybody who is unhappy with the product complained and ask for a refund, he will then in the end stop selling it

You should or should have put in a dispute, the sellers pays return postage. If everybody who is unhappy with the product complained and ask for a refund, he will then in the end stop selling it

I did indeed put it into dispute - at the time, the buyer still had to pay for return postage, and EBay weren't particularly interested.... I got nowhere.....

(One thing has said that made me smile, was 'that if he has to pay return postage each time - he would be a poor man' or words to that effect.....).

I also suspect there is a possibility he could have been selling under two different account names - or there could be two terribly similar people using the same photographs selling the same products, but I'm really not sure.

It does look truly dire, going by the pic Giles uploaded. I had a quick look at this guy's feedback. The neutral and negative replies are interesting to say the least. Sadly, with 99.8% positive, there must be plenty of people that are quite happy. Maybe the other stuff he (or she) sells is quality stuff, but this is awful.

I did indeed put it into dispute - at the time, the buyer still had to pay for return postage, and EBay weren't particularly interested.... I got nowhere.....

(One thing has said that made me smile, was 'that if he has to pay return postage each time - he would be a poor man' or words to that effect.....).

I also suspect there is a possibility he could have been selling under two different account names - or there could be two terribly similar people using the same photographs selling the same products, but I'm really not sure.

Giles

Providing you get your money back that all that matters, and yes he is poorer as he either has to pay postage or loose stock. Well done

Archived