Stanley Melrose

I see this morning that my card has been charged by an organisation in Canada.  I guess this means that the Rapido model of the F40PH commissioned by Via Rail is nearly on its way . . .

Stan

At Warley, Jason told me the early livery ones would be ready early December and the 'Canada' livery version end of the month/early Jan.

• 2 weeks later...

I've got mine but I'm reading my emails and surfing at Hong Kong Airportwhile waiting for an onward flight to Australia where I will be for the next month.  The loco is all I expected on a quick inspection and thank goodness it arrived before I left the UK or it might have been on its way back to Canada!

Happy Christmas to all on RMWeb,

Stan

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold

Jason -

In light of the recent announcement by VIA's distributor that they no longer want to handle inventory of model trains, and you selling the remainder through Canadian dealers (which I wholeheartedly understand!) - where does that leave those of us (like me) who has placed an order with VIA for an F40PH and some carriages, but has not yet received them or had any notice of credit card transactions yet happening?

Will VIA still be fulfilling the outstanding orders? Or do I need to go to a Canadian retailer and re-order?

Jason -

In light of the recent announcement by VIA's distributor that they no longer want to handle inventory of model trains, and you selling the remainder through Canadian dealers (which I wholeheartedly understand!) - where does that leave those of us (like me) who has placed an order with VIA for an F40PH and some carriages, but has not yet received them or had any notice of credit card transactions yet happening?

Will VIA still be fulfilling the outstanding orders? Or do I need to go to a Canadian retailer and re-order?

Please give me a shout via email through our web site and we'll take care of you.

-Jason

Please give me a shout via email through our web site and we'll take care of you.

-Jason

Not sure what's happening with VIA fulfilment? I may have the same problem. I ordered months ago, but had to phone and give a new credit card number recently when the models came into stock (which the girl took) but she seemed very unsure about what she was doing (and French was evidently her first language). She gave me a new order number which led me to believe that I might either get two models or none. To date, I've heard nothing from the address in Toronto that its going to, so I'm assuming that VIA's fulfilment people have yet to send it out, or maybe its stuck in Christmas mail or maybe my friend hasn't yet been able to collect it from the mailing centre. We, who order models from overseas, seldom have a straightforward transaction. I guess its the same for those abroad ordering from the UK.

CHRIS LEIGH

Guest CPRAIL3000

Just received 2 orginal F40 sound units today.  The duty on them was a rather hefty bill plus parcelforce charges!! 16 days in customs and then Pforce ask for a service charge!!

Then out of the box and both units intact and no parts knocked off.  Then on to the track and one unit ran great and the sound features really nice. The other sound for about 10 seconds then a gradual reduction in volume with a sound starting to resemble a dying cat!!  Oh well am sure Rapido will get me sorted as they have once before.

Just received 2 orginal F40 sound units today.  The duty on them was a rather hefty bill plus parcelforce charges!! 16 days in customs and then Pforce ask for a service charge!!

Then out of the box and both units intact and no parts knocked off.  Then on to the track and one unit ran great and the sound features really nice. The other sound for about 10 seconds then a gradual reduction in volume with a sound starting to resemble a dying cat!!  Oh well am sure Rapido will get me sorted as they have once before.

I just saw your email today and sent you a message.  We'll find a solution...

-Jason

Guest CPRAIL3000

Dan and I has it all under control.  I have no doubt it will be sorted.  Will post pictures soon.  Thanks for the response Jason.  Now get those RS23's made!

Guest CPRAIL3000

I just saw your email today and sent you a message.  We'll find a solution...

-Jason

Thanks for the new decoder received in the post.  Fitted tonight and everything seems great.  Thanks again Rapido and Dan for great service as usual.

Archived