Wiring a double slip & Seep point motors

• RMweb Gold

I have bought the double slip that my challenge layout needs, and am fairly sure that I understand the wiring diagram, but I want to be 100% sure. It shows part of the wiring going via 2 micro switches, and I was wanting to check that I can use the seep point motors which include a micro switch?

I will do a test set-up of this before I fix it to the layout to ensure that I understand the wiring.

We tried to use the SEEP motor switches for the frog polarity on a Peco double slip on Coppell. We found there wasn't enough travel on the tie-bar to operate the switches. We swapped them for Peco motors with micro-switches, works fine now. hope this helps, kev

SEEP motors can be used with double slips as can they with any other turn out. Make sure you get the ones with the integral switches. I use PM1 myself under all of my turnouts.

So of the wiring shown will not be neccessary if it is a single track and controlled by one controller. Things might be a bit more involved if you're using DCC or requiring analogue control over the double slip by two controllers.

• RMweb Premium

I have bought the double slip that my challenge layout needs, and am fairly sure that I understand the wiring diagram, but I want to be 100% sure. It shows part of the wiring going via 2 micro switches, and I was wanting to check that I can use the seep point motors which include a micro switch?

I will do a test set-up of this before I fix it to the layout to ensure that I understand the wiring.

See my post under Hints and Tips re the N gauge double slip--you can overcome any polarity problem with another pair of motors.

John.

Archived