Rochdale MRG 51st Annual Exhibition - Littleborough

Leander

Littleborough

Saturday 11th & Sunday 12th April 2015

The 51st Annual Model Railway exhibition presented by the Rochdale Model Railway Group

Littleborough Coach House, Lodge Street, Littleborough, Lancashire, OL15 9AE (close to the Railway Station)

Opening Times

Sat 10am – 4.30pm

Sun 10am – 4.30pm

Prices

Adult                                                £3.00

Under 16 (accompanied by adult)       FREE

Contact            Peter Rigby       01629 582598 

Here's the list of layouts that will be attending:

Angelbank - Liverpool MRS EM) - Clee Hill Incline 1950s

Burghead - Bob Rowlands (N) BR(SC) 1960s 

Crows Nest Wharf - Trevor Hughes (On16.5) Snailbeach District Railways 1926 

Culm - Dai Davies (EM) - GWR 1930s 

Fallgate - Stephen Little (OO9) - Ashover Light Railway, Late 1930's 

Glaisden - Ian Worthington (EM) -  BR(NE) 1960s 

Polbrook Gurney - Chris Nevard (OO) - Somerset C.1960

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

More info on Polbrook Gurney here http://nevardmedia.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/polbrook-gurney-colliery-roadshow.html

As Mr Nevard says "I don't do many shows far from home, however because the social element promises to be particularly good, Polbrook Gurney Colliery is going to head north of Watford Gap for possibly the only time this coming weekend."

Pete

More info on Polbrook Gurney here http://nevardmedia.blogspot.co.uk/2015/04/polbrook-gurney-colliery-roadshow.html

As Mr Nevard says "I don't do many shows far from home, however because the social element promises to be particularly good, Polbrook Gurney Colliery is going to head north of Watford Gap for possibly the only time this coming weekend."

Pete

I'll stamp his passport for him.

(Note - this is not a euphemism :) )

Hope to be there on Sunday morning, save a few cakes for me please.

Went yesterday with my friend and we both thoroughly enjoyed it.  Just like an old fashioned show from the 60's, relaxed, compact and easy to get round.  All the layouts were good and there were some excellent book bargains on the Class 40 Society stand.  Tea and cakes?  Excellent!

Make a note for next year, well worth going as an antidote to York and/or Warley!

I attended this show on a last-minute whim, and was surprised at the high quality of layouts on offer for such a small show. Cheap to get in, too. I've added it to my short list of preferred shows alongside Scalefour North and Expo EM North.

Archived