4mm industrial dream scene - just imagine

• RMweb Premium

Quite.

On 04/02/2015 at 17:47, Neil said:

Having both fired up the crystal ball and taken a look at my tea-leaves, the future still appears unclear. I would have thought that with Hornby's Sentinel being well received, enough to justify a rod coupled version, that a four coupled industrial steam loco was the logical next step.  ...

Couple of thoughts.

How about the Kerr Stuart 'Victory' 0-6-0T of 1917? I know there were only eight, but it 'ought' to have been the WW1 equivalent of the 'Austerity'/J94 0-6-0ST from the later conflict, and then everyone would have had one! As it is, three ended up with BR (2 via the GWR and one from the East Kent), one was with the Lambton and Hetton (my dad's favourite engine when he was a kid) and the other four with various industrial users.

On another theme, and since I mentioned Lambton, someone earlier suggested 0-6-2T no 29. Apart from the cab this was a standard Kitson design I think (at least that's how it was offered when my great grandfather, Lambton's Chief Engineer, bought it!). Kitson also supplied 0-6-2Ts to the 'main lines' - Hull & Barnsley, and LCDJR spring to mind. Not having access to my references, how close were these to No 29, and would an RTR be produceable in several variants to cover these, or am I right with my nasty feeling that there may have been significant differences such as wheel diameter?

A bit niche but I'd love to see a Consett Iron Co 'long boiler' 0-6-0PT, especially for those who strive after authentically ropey 'industrial' trackwork. Could be hours of innocent enjoyment for spectators (when permitted).

• RMweb Premium

The Kerr Stuart Victory is on its way.

I'm sure somebody has recently done a 3D print or a resin cab for a Lambton tank, but I can't find a link to it at the momentt.

• RMweb Gold

We're doing Lambton 29/30/31 as a kit, to be released later this year (hopefully!).

image.png

The top of the cab is a separate component so in theory could be changed by the user.

Edited by Corbs
  • Like 5

22 hours ago, lanchester said:

A bit niche but I'd love to see a Consett Iron Co 'long boiler' 0-6-0PT, especially for those who strive after authentically ropey 'industrial' trackwork. Could be hours of innocent enjoyment for spectators (when permitted).

Isn't this the Judith Edge kit?

• Agree 2