SERVOS used on TAM VALLEY PRODUCTS

Keithg

Being a new boy to using points operated by Servos and watching several youtube videos it seemed to me it was a quick easy was to go, so i purchased one Tam Valley Depot Ocotpus III Servo Driver plus their Remote Alignment Board and cchoose the Hextronik HXT900 Servo, plus cables. All connects well but I am confused over the "button" depressions on the RAE and ask if any one else has used the very good product abd can provide simple guidance,

There are THREE buttons which appear to have dual us in being able to auto aligning the servos. Firstly you are told to press Next to set servo, and there are 8 that can be controlled. Then you are told to press Next/Auto (which is same button ) for 1 second. but with LEDs flashing you are not guided as to which level we are now at, to carry out the next part. You are then asked to press Next button a third time, briefly and choose the level buttons, which makes servo go fast or slow.

I am sure I am missing the logic in this operation, so please could any one make it easy for me, by telling me in simple terms a routine to get the servo working. I am very pleased to have purchased TVD's RAB because it has a very long connection lead to Servo driver, and therefore no working under the bench.

Look forward your replies/guidance.

Many thanks Keith       

• 3 weeks later...

Sad that no help has been forthcoming on my topic concerning a Servo problem. However those 192 viewers might be interested to know that TAM VALLEY's instructions were missing one line of information. Thankfully Coastal DCC where more than happy to help and will get my support in future.

Keith

• RMweb Gold

Perhaps no one else here has experience of this particular piece of equipment. Better no responses than 192 posts saying sorry, can't help.

If you have success and find the product useful you might share your experience so that others looking at this piece of equipment might make a more informed decision.

Archived