Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Wonder if anyone can help. I've got a Hornby Rebuilt Battle of Britain, R2586, Sir Keith Park. One of the sprung buffers has come off the front & I can't find it anywhere. The service sheet is number 298, but the buffers are not listed as a part, they are shown as part of the body.


Does anyone know what replacements would fit, or if I could get a new buffer beam with them already fitted?


I've looked through AC Spares & Peters Spares but it's very difficult to tell which ones are the right ones.


Many thanks if anyone can help.



Link to post
Share on other sites

Easiest sprung replacements would be the Bachmann LNER/SR stepped ones, available as a pack of eight. These are all metal, & will require the remaining plastic buffer stocks on the Hornby loco to be sliced off, but will be a lot more durable once fitted...

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.