We finally hit a milestone!

ropley has finally been finished being wired up. We can now run 2 trains out at once, as well as one around the loco sheds. Also all sidings in the fiddleyard have been completed. Not an easy job to do unless the layout is up in full which has been few and far between. A real shame really as I hoped it would have got to shows. Shame I never went dcc.

Anyway with all electrics working our attentions have turned to the back scenes. We made the call to replace them as can be seen in the photos attached. 

Some other areas of the layout will now receive attention and photos to follow. 

Chris 

DD7CDDD6-A7D4-4331-9D85-F292E7B14A4A.jpeg

9311C3DC-73D5-45D1-AD5D-4EA59D468B2E.jpeg

• Like 7

Ropley is venturing out next weekend attending basingstoke’s model railway clubs open day on Saturday 7th September. Please pop down and see the layout as well as another 2 I’m working on with the club currently. 

99106DCD-3B38-472D-9616-391C6B7D2FCC.jpeg

• Like 5

I like the look of the locomotives and stock undergoing restoration at various stages. That definitely completes the look of a preserved heritage railway.

• Thanks 1

On 06/09/2019 at 21:42, PannierTanker14 said:

I like the look of the locomotives and stock undergoing restoration at various stages. That definitely completes the look of a preserved heritage railway.

It’s not been an easy challenge some have been just as hard as building a real place was 

• Agree 1

3 hours ago, chriscleveland said:

It’s not been an easy challenge some have been just as hard as building a real place was 

It’s also looking for suitable locos to dismantle for modelling that is difficult. I was lucky to inherit two O gauge wrecks to model with.

The work done on this layout is brilliant and the level of detail is truly inspiring!

Edited by PannierTanker14
  • Agree 1