Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Static Grass

Ooo!  Greenscene and Jarvis are the two brands I avoid like the plague because of their improbably vivid, cartoonish colours.  

Funny you should say that, as I chose Greenscene precisely because I thought their colours were more realistic and less garish than most others I had seen. 

post-7247-0-75491400-1434531534_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-04615100-1434531720_thumb.jpg

post-7247-0-59224000-1434531735_thumb.jpg

• Like 8

Hi Guys, just like to say we are the Static Grass Manufacturers Based in Wales. We have the largest range of static grass in the UK from 1mm, 2mm, 4mm, 6mm, 10mm, 12mm, and 20mm grass. Also have Basing Glues, Static Grass Layering Sprays, Foliage Scatters Flower Scatter and Clump Foliage. Our Pro Grass Applicator is one of the best sellers of this year so far and has received multiple reviews from Magazines. We also have Step By Step Videos to help you or you could always give us a ring and we be happy to guide you. All products are made by us in the UK, we are a young company and will appreciate your ongoing support. Thank you  Martyn 01792 864 250 

Sounds good until I visited the website an clicked on 2products" and got a totally blank page. Needs further work!

Just checked it and got my web host to check all seems fine thanks for the heads up Ill keep checking

My security/browser/antispam/anti virus is objecting to the attempted installation of a tracker:

specifically t1.extreme-dm.com/f.js naughty naughty!

You are also using framesets (:no: :no: which makes it even more suspect. so all that gets through to my browser is the following code

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

<html>
<head>

</head>
	<frameset rows="100%,*" border="0" framesborder="0" framespacing="0">
	<frame name="top" SRC="http://www.war-world.co.uk" noresize="noresize">
	</frameset>
</html> 
which you may appreciate displays nothing but a blank page.

This came as a bit of a surprise as Your main page is visible with the menu.

I have tested the rest of the top menu and despite the continued attack from that nasty tracker on every page, only gallery and

product information result in blank pages. I am also having problems with the video links but that is a common issue I encounter on RMWeb - some work some don't.

Of course normally I interpret such websites as not wanting my business or simply suspect - but it is annoying when you have an interest in the actual product. BTW I did notice (could read) your Exhibition Diary page. Nothing planned for "the south-east" that is a pity as static grass is so much a three dimensional sale and I have found that colours on the internet and in magazines never quite seem to do justice.

I am very much a novice with static grass and what little attempts so far have been with Green Scene which I have been reasonably happy with. Though am looking for rougher brownish and sandy greens a rougher appearance than the manicured lawn look. some of the images posted above look appealing.

Edited by Kenton

Thanks Ive taken a screen shot and sent it to my developer, I havent had anyone say that before but you might be the only one who has bothered so thank you. 

Static Grass will transform your layout, you can get quick can be amazing and you dont need to be an expert. As long as you have a good the right glues and the colours you like job done 

Shows we have only booked to October, we plan to do a lot more so yea we should get to the south-east.  

• RMweb Gold

Hello all,

Apologies for the awful photo quality, but the shot below shows WWS static grass recently added in the embankments and overbridge in the new extension to our club layout Horseley Fields.

I used a base layer of 2mm summer, followed by highlights in 4mm autumn.

It was applied using a grass tech 2 (WWS out of stock of their own applicator two weeks ago) but using the WWS glue which looks blue when you apply it but dries clear.

post-420-0-17690800-1434565205_thumb.jpg

I was pretty impressed with the colour and performance and last weekend ordered more (though I wish I'd seen the rmweb code before I did!!) for some additional highlighting work.

My previous preferred brand was Auhagen, but I think this is as good and much easier to obtain. I've had no issues with the website, and I think the tutorial videos are an excellent idea and nicely done.

EDIT ADDITIONAL: is the static tuft box available now? When I ordered the first batch of grass 2-3 weeks ago it too was out of stock.

Cheers

Ben A.

Edited by Ben A

Hello all,

Apologies for the awful photo quality, but the shot below shows WWS static grass recently added in the embankments and overbridge in the new extension to our club layout Horseley Fields.

I used a base layer of 2mm summer, followed by highlights in 4mm autumn.

It was applied using a grass tech 2 (WWS out of stock of their own applicator two weeks ago) but using the WWS glue which looks blue when you apply it but dries clear.

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

I was pretty impressed with the colour and performance and last weekend ordered more (though I wish I'd seen the rmweb code before I did!!) for some additional highlighting work.

My previous preferred brand was Auhagen, but I think this is as good and much easier to obtain. I've had no issues with the website, and I think the tutorial videos are an excellent idea and nicely done.

EDIT ADDITIONAL: is the static tuft box available now? When I ordered the first batch of grass 2-3 weeks ago it too was out of stock.

Cheers

Ben A.

Hi Yes we are now fully stocked of the Pro Grass and Pro Grass Box 

Thank you The grass looks amazing, and you have the right colour match, I use Spring 2mm as a base and Autumn 4mm for Detail. Patchy 4mm and Dead 4mm make great colour change with Wild Meadow 6mm to bring height then to finish a Summer or Hay 10 or 12mm.

post-26469-0-36498700-1434610514.jpg

Grass Tufts, I would agree that you can make some sort of grass tufts with out a Box but you will struggle to do 6mm tufts and get good results, The box at a retail of only £35 with the same power as our Pro Grass Applicator, which is pretty popular with all types of modeller now makes really good Self Adhesive Grass Tufts.

Tutorials. We shall be putting a whole host of new tutorials on the  web soon and upgrading the pictures to, so I think tis is a great place to say if you ant us to make a video of how to do something with our products let us know and we give it ago. keep an eye out for us using our 20mm as weeds and bushes 

Sorry forgot to mention, our Static Grass Basing Glues will now come in white that dries clear (or Blue tinge :)). Green and brown. The coloured glues are so you dont need to paint your base board first. With our applicator, and 2mm grass you dont have to, but we have been rough testing and corners do wear off. SO we coloured the glues. We sell to the Car trade, and they dye the glues first, so when they do have wear you can see it as the glue is dyed. same principle. They will be in 250ml tubs coming soon.

attachicon.gifrsz_summer_6.jpg

Grass Tufts, I would agree that you can make some sort of grass tufts with out a Box but you will struggle to do 6mm tufts and get good results, The box at a retail of only £35 with the same power as our Pro Grass Applicator, which is pretty popular with all types of modeller now makes really good Self Adhesive Grass Tufts

Actually, you can make better grass tufts in situ by hand than you can with a machine, separately - I believe, as they blend in better and more convincingly. These ones are 6mm (with 4mm mixed in) and I think work reasonably well.

I'm all for giving people machines for doing it separately as well - but it is absolutely NOT the only, or the best way of doing it. (Or indeed the quickest) elsewhere on this site I put some (rather poor) videos up on how to do this if people are sufficiently interested.

IMG_8887.jpg

TEOTL142_zpse3cfdd67.jpg

Edited by Giles
  • Like 2

WE just try to help people out and make it easier for them, Ours are in all our colour range and self adhesive, there are natural looking and you can blend them in anyway. Like i always say "If you make a mistake it turns into a good idea" and if anyone would like help or advise pleas have a look at our tutorials, or give me a ring Martyn 01792 864250 Id be more than happy to help. We are a Uk company based in swansea so no foreign call centres, as long as you can understand us welsh :)

post-26469-0-75968700-1434616377_thumb.jpg

Our Pro Grass Applicator, We have the three heads that you need for static grassing. a fine for our 1mm, a medium for 2, 4mm and a large for our 6,10, & 12mm grass. To give you some advice on Fly swots and proper applicators, It has nothing to do with the power, although a fly swot kicks out around 1000v only enough to kill a fly, ours is around 15 to 20kv 20 thousand volts. The power is in the wrong place the grass must have room to receive the charge, our grid heads are only there to keep the grass from falling out as one. in the fly swot ones the grass is sitting on the charge, so only a small percentage is getting charged thus you loose a lot of grass because of that and does not compact. Those of you that have seen us in shows you would have seen me demonstrating this. If you are going to buy an app please be careful and do some research first. Again you can give me a ring and ill try and help. Or ask on this forum I believe there are some guys that have our Pro Grass and do rate it. 

The Pro Grass Box is a great help to its not just for tufts, if you want grass on your buildings or moss you can do it before you place it onto your layout. These are designed to help you and make it easier to enjoy doing scenery.

Hi Martyn,  your video is working okay for me, the finished test piece looks good.  Are you open to the public?  if so I'll hopefully call in, when I'm down that way next.

Regards, Ken.

Yea you can call in Im not there until after 1pm today but Mark is there or wait until im there. I got a test board on the go so you can see how far we taken static grass 

<iframe width="854" height="510" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/5OVT61zAiAY"frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Our Pro Grass Box its has change from the video, that was our first box now we Grass the box in our 1mm which makes it look a lot better it will do 6mm tufts to. no need for a power supply as its battery operated.