Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

Static Grass

Kenton, I think you misinterpreted Martyn, he was indicating that the pro grass box was one of a kind because it is battery operated and does not require a separate power

source as do the other boxes I have seen on ebay.  Your Flockit is a hand held static grass applicator not a box.

Regards, Ken.

Kenton, I think you misinterpreted Martyn, he was indicating that the pro grass box was one of a kind because it is battery operated and does not require a separate power

source as do the other boxes I have seen on ebay. Your Flockit is a hand held static grass applicator not a box.

Regards, Ken.

Also battery operated. Far removed from the "fly swat" variety and looks (other than colour) pretty much the same as the one above. Probably has the same voltage and components. It also has a removable grid to the dispenser. So the only difference I can see is that the "box" contains a pack of static grass varieties (I purchased these at the same time).

flockit.jpg

We do seem to have moved a little off topic from what was a serious question regarding varieties of static grass into a topic that has become a bit of an advertising quest. I have no issue with WWS initial informational promotion of their products (other than the broken website that doesn't allow me to seek further information/order) and I would probably investigate further as a source (my interest in seeing them in real life at a show)

But this topic does seem to have been taken over by the advertising. There are more accepted ways of using RMWeb to promote products.

Edited by Kenton

Hi Kenton,  Not wishing to deviate off the topic of the static grass, but I am also able to access the WWS website so don't know what's broken at your end.

Regards, Ken.

Pretty well explained in my first post on the subject.

1. I object strongly to the downloading of trackers on to my PC - especially those that are of a foreign and notorious origin. Visitor tracking can be handled perfectly using your own sites cookies or a database of visitors who have opted in to being tracked. Such tracker sites are notorious for the introduction of key loggers (and worse - viruses) Any site that uses them surreptitiously has to be suspect. I accept that many site owners are not deliberately doing this but are duped into spreading the infiltration by the offer of some "free" code for their site. It is now a requirement that all sites using cookies and such data collection to have a policy on such matters.

2. framing is a well known method of hiding real truths - it is therefore even more suspicious and flagged so by security software. There is no real requirement for it.

since my first post on the subject the site has changed a little. Both of the two menu items now point to the url www.war-world.co.uk/_bs/# which is also giving a blank page. The other menu options still work (as of my earlier post today) So the inconsistency is also an issue, especially as it is the most important page "products" that remains unobtainable.

I realise there are thousands of people out there who don't care what trackers/key loggers or viruses are dow11111nloaded to their PC and probably many more who browse in complete ignorance - but some do.

Edited by Kenton

Also battery operated. Far removed from the "fly swat" variety and looks (other than colour) pretty much the same as the one above. Probably has the same voltage and components. It also has a removable grid to the dispenser. So the only difference I can see is that the "box" contains a pack of static grass varieties (I purchased these at the same time).

flockit.jpg

We do seem to have moved a little off topic from what was a serious question regarding varieties of static grass into a topic that has become a bit of an advertising quest. I have no issue with WWS initial informational promotion of their products (other than the broken website that doesn't allow me to seek further information/order) and I would probably investigate further as a source (my interest in seeing them in real life at a show)

But this topic does seem to have been taken over by the advertising. There are more accepted ways of using RMWeb to promote products.

Sorry but you have done nothing other than dish me since you came on, There is nothing wrong with our website it is working fine for everybody other than you, also the topic is static grass which is what WWS is about, I have been giving help and advise. You have been really negative, If you don't  like it don't comment 

Pretty well explained in my first post on the subject.

1. I object strongly to the downloading of trackers on to my PC - especially those that are of a foreign and notorious origin. Visitor tracking can be handled perfectly using your own sites cookies or a database of visitors who have opted in to being tracked. Such tracker sites are notorious for the introduction of key loggers (and worse - viruses) Any site that uses them surreptitiously has to be suspect. I accept that many site owners are not deliberately doing this but are duped into spreading the infiltration by the offer of some "free" code for their site. It is now a requirement that all sites using cookies and such data collection to have a policy on such matters.

2. framing is a well known method of hiding real truths - it is therefore even more suspicious and flagged so by security software. There is no real requirement for it.

since my first post on the subject the site has changed a little. Both of the two menu items now point to the url www.war-world.co.uk/_bs/# which is also giving a blank page. The other menu options still work (as of my earlier post today) So the inconsistency is also an issue, especially as it is the most important page "products" that remains unobtainable.

I realise there are thousands of people out there who don't care what trackers/key loggers or viruses are dow11111nloaded to their PC and probably many more who browse in complete ignorance - but some do.

I have removed the Tracker now and have asked My web designer about other problems and he says all is fine its your end. 

We are a British company, We not a big company and relay on good products and word of mouth, we pride our selves on our customer service, yes i push my products but I always say ask advise first, I am Modeller at heart and love nothing more than helping people get the best results. I thank everyone that has replied and interested in our products and our help. But you can't please every one.

• Like 1

But you can't please every one.

I'm not sure that you are really trying though. I am a potential customer. I am unable to access the most important part of your website. The products section.

I have removed the Tracker now and have asked My web designer about other problems and he says all is fine its your end.

I thank you for removing that tracker I am sure many others are or will be as well.

I believe my comment about appearance at shows is quite valid and applies to every supplier of scenic materials. I do understand you are a small business and that multiple shows are difficult to attend even more so given the distance. As a hobby we do rely on word of mouth and the internet forums. There has been many positives about your products put up here by your present customers. Of that I do take note. But you do appear to have taken over the topic (I'll admit I have done the same - though initially I was trying to get your website to function and to alert yourself and others to the tracker issue.)

I still see nothing different between your applicator and the one I have. So I only see those remarks as anti-competitive and misleading.

I still wish to sample your product. I just do not like the hard sell (from anyone) applied to a more broader topic on RMWeb. Responding to a specific request by a customer in one post is quite different from a series of posts with no one else posting in between. It is much more usual on RMWeb to start a new topic of your own. The one by LCUT is a good example.

My last post on this topic - enough is enough - I'll pop by your site from time to time but ordering depends on it working. It is pretty obvious that it is to your current customers but you will never count the ones like me that cannot unless they care enough to let you know somehow.

I'd suggest your web designer should learn his trade and before he insults your customers he appreciates what skills they may have and apologise to you and your customers for the introduction of the tracker and all the potential problems it brings.

Edited by Kenton
  • Like 1

I'm not sure that you are really trying though. I am a potential customer. I am unable to access the most important part of your website. The products section.

I thank you for removing that tracker I am sure many others are or will be as well.

I believe my comment about appearance at shows is quite valid and applies to every supplier of scenic materials. I do understand you are a small business and that multiple shows are difficult to attend even more so given the distance. As a hobby we do rely on word of mouth and the internet forums. There has been many positives about your products put up here by your present customers. Of that I do take note. but you do appear to have taken over the topic (I'll admit I have done the same - though initially I was trying to get your website to function and to alert yourself and others to the tracker issue.

I still see nothing different between your applicator and the one I have. So I only see those remarks as anti-competitive and misleading.

I still wish to sample your product. I just do not like the hard sell applied to a more broader topic on RMWeb. Responding to a specific request by a customer in one post is quite different from a series of posts with no one else posting in between.

My last post on this topic - enough is enough - I'll pop by your site from time to time but ordering deeds on it working. I'd suggest your web designer should learn his trade and before he insults your customers he appreciates what skills they may have and apologise to you and your customers for the introduction of the tracker.

You have a fair point, the website is nothing wrong I have had multiple people try it on there systems and  all reported fine. I have Mac systems that don't need anti virus so I don't have problems, I was showing our products to the bloggers here as they haven't heard of us, If it came across a hard sale I do apologise and do get carried away as I'm proud of what we do. The Applicator is totally different, but I do not comment on other products. We are going to shows, although we been going for a while, we were part time, its only the last year we have been full time and have been starting to book shows and will go all over, Please if we do go to one near you, come up and introduce your self, I will shake your hand and buy you a coffee. Also show you what our products can do. Thank you for being honest and please accept my apologies 

The War-World address works for me but not the wwscenics.co.uk address. I get server not found. iPad mini user, U.S. based.

Ok Guys going Back on Topic What do you guys want out of static grass, Being a Manufacturer, we can try and help you do achieve what you want. We think we have covered most things that crop up, The Multilayering is the newest technique and multi colouring. Yes you can blend your own, but we have tried to give a good selection of colours so you dont have to. However its up to you.

If you need some help or advice please ask on here phone us 01792 864250 or email us and I (Martyn) will be happy to help

as I stated in earlier post Not sure if its Protocol but here is a code for 10% Discount of our website RM0607 

Ok Guys going Back on Topic What do you guys want out of static grass, Being a Manufacturer, we can try and help you do achieve what you want. We think we have covered most things that crop up, The Multilayering is the newest technique and multi colouring. Yes you can blend your own, but we have tried to give a good selection of colours so you dont have to. However its up to you.

If you need some help or advice please ask on here phone us 01792 864250 or email us and I (Martyn) will be happy to help

as I stated in earlier post Not sure if its Protocol but here is a code for 10% Discount of our website RM0607 

I agree with Giles and would add that when I first started using static grass a few years ago I bought online, only to find that the colours shown on websites where very different in reality and often included a mix of colours, some of which looked terrible.

I then started buying at exhibitions with much more success. So my advice is, try to see the product before buying.

Mal

• Like 1

True we have spent lots to try and get our photos right. But our colours are British colours because we mix them our selves. Sad as it is I spent months driving around taking photos of fields to get the correct blend. We are going to shows and adding dates every month so If you see that we are in a show that your going, please come and have a look. You will be surprised at how big a range we have and how the colours work so you don't need to blend them yourself

• Like 1

I dont know if this is Normal Protocol but here is a discount code for anyone who wants to us it. Its a 10% off any of WWS Products use code RM0607 at checkout for the saving. you can then see how good our grass is. plus if you need any help or advise, give me a ring Martyn 01792 864250 I would be more than happy to help guys. 

I love the stuff sad I know but if the welsh can make grass theres something wrong  :mosking:

This is the grass i opt for ,looks great but I cant get it to stand up Im using an applicator I purchased in ebay it worked fine on other parts of the layout but not this time.I have started with the 2mm and then i plan to add 4mm then 6mm but what am I doing wrong 

I am trying this WWS right now I'm in the process of using autumn 2mm Im in my 3 x 50gram bag right now but I cant get the grass to stand .Im using an applicator I purchased from ebay and it worked well on my last layout .but not with this grass can WWS help me with this problem .I m going to apply more 2mm then 4 mm then finally 6 mm so there's a fair amount still to do .Im using PVA glue