RMweb

Static Grass

Ok don't put to much grass in the strainer, they can't cope with it also shake a bit faster you have to try and get a charge into the grass. The grass is coated in a static coating to receive the charge but it must have room to get charged. Now you know why the likes of us, Noch and Heki build the hopper style, they are the only ones that work properly, but there is no reason why you can't get some results with your 2mm and the fly swatter. Like I said make sure your in the glue, with the weaker apps you have to charge the glue, make sure you have good batteries, don't fill the strainer, it might be a good idea to spray water over your PVA to make it a bit more conducive to it will take a bit longer to dry. But if you haven't got our static grass basing glue, then you need to make your glue more conducive. Try all these steps and if they don't work, then give me a ring and we can have a chat 01792 864250. Anytime before 12 today or 07971043485 after that

Hope this helps
Martyn

Edited by WWS Scenery Manufacturer

Why indeed?

Just a little saddened that you've hijacked this thread and turned it into a four page advert, that's all. I've no doubt that your products are very good, but you've completely killed the discussion that was taking place right up until your arrival... that's what I have an issue with.

There is:

RMweb - Trade & Products Zone - Products & Trade area - Smaller Suppliers

Just my humble opinion...

Edited by Pete 75C

But this topic does seem to have been taken over by the advertising. There are more accepted ways of using RMWeb to promote products.

I do agree; any products should be covered in Smaller Suppliers rather than another person's topic (aside from a passing reference maybe).

I apologise this is my first time on a thread. I'm just trying to make you aware of us as the topic was what static grass and trying to help as I'm the only static grass company that makes it in the UK. My advis is honest and I have to say since I've been on here the response has been fantastic so some people like us. Ok I'll stick to advice from now on and one thing I do know is what the topic is Static Grass

Martyn

• 3 weeks later...

I’ve been playing around with 20mm static grass fibres, now available from WW Scenics (www.war-world.co.uk), and have found that tea strainer grass planting tools are not suitable, but the latest GrassMaster by Noch or Pro Grass tools by WW Scenics, with the largest mesh cap on, work well. (PM)

11063886_10153063793653207_3512004105658

• RMweb Premium

Why indeed?

Just a little saddened that you've hijacked this thread and turned it into a four page advert, that's all. I've no doubt that your products are very good, but you've completely killed the discussion that was taking place right up until your arrival... that's what I have an issue with.

There is:

RMweb - Trade & Products Zone - Products & Trade area - Smaller Suppliers

Just my humble opinion...

Be fair. If only every manufacturer were as helpful as WWS seem to have been.

• 1 month later...

I came across Javis bags of grass fibres by accident while looking for something in my local shop to match vinyl ReadyGrass. I did what I usually do with 'scatter' glued onto neat PVA glue and vacuum'd the surplus off with a Dyson nozzle. The suction drew the fibres upright to stand on end. I can't say it is a good as static application but it sure suits me.

• Like 2

I came across Javis bags of grass fibres by accident while looking for something in my local shop to match vinyl ReadyGrass. I did what I usually do with 'scatter' glued onto neat PVA glue and vacuum'd the surplus off with a Dyson nozzle. The suction drew the fibres upright to stand on end. I can't say it is a good as static application but it sure suits me.

and if it works why try and fix it 

Ooo!  Greenscene and Jarvis are the two brands I avoid like the plague because of their improbably vivid, cartoonish colours.  Noch is good (but at their prices, so it damned well ought to be!) while Woodland Scenics isn't bad and more readily available.

Everyone who has used it states emphatically that Polak grass is the best you can get, but it's very difficult to source and I as I haven't yet done that all I can do is pass on the comments of others.

Polak last month appointed a UK and Ireland exclusive distributor so I would anticipate the roll out of their ranges in the next few weeks or so.

Polak is one of the best as it is a MATT fibre, not a Gloss one (different material) so grass laid with Polak materials doesn't have the inherent shine to it, which some of the better known modellers kill with Testors Dulcote, to get realism back.....

I shall certainly stock up again......

Hi, I'm fairly new to this lark and have never used static grass before, can I just ask- do all of these static grasses have to be applied with one of those electro static gizmos? Or is there an alternative? Thanks in advance. :-)

Hi Ray,

You can use a puffer bottle, I think available from Gaugemaster (and others) for around a fiver. it's one of those things - you get what you pay for, within reason. These bottles will do a bit, and they can be quite useful, but they cannot reproduce the quality and density of grass that you will see on ome of these photos. For that, you need a decent, powerful machine. 

As I've said before, value for money, I favour GreenScenes Flockit (I have no connection with them) as being an extremely good machine - better than most - at a reasonable price, but the Rolls-Royce is the machine used by Milo.