Wallingford - 21st June 2015

Jonboy

• RMweb Gold

I have found out there is a exhibition in Wallingford next weekend - no personal connection, found it in the local roundandabout magazine.

A quick Google turned up http://www.wallingford.co.uk/events_item.php?wnID=3363 which says the following:

Wallingford Model Railway Exhibition

Event type : Exhibition

Event location : St John’s Primary School, Paddock Rd, Wallingford, OX10 9AG

Event date : 21-06-2015

Make tracks for town’s first model railway show

Wallingford will host its first ever model railway exhibition on Sunday 21st June. The event is being held at St John’s Primary School, Paddock Rd, Wallingford, OX10 9AG.

More than 15 model railway layouts, along with a number of trade stands, will be on show in a variety of scales from tiny Z gauge to garden sized G scale.

The exhibition is being well supported by clubs and modellers from around Oxfordshire, Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Hampshire and many of the layouts are new to the exhibition circuit.

Of particular interest is Kuritu Line, a two dimension layout of both rural and urban Japanese scenes. There will also be a selection of layouts: Plas Halt, Dawes Creek and Halland. You will see Oxfordshire based layouts in the Abingdon Branch Line and Witney Euston and Dowdan International, an airport layout and for the American modeller, Southern Renegades.

St John’s Primary School is located at Paddock Road, Wallingford, OX10 9AG.

It is down the road from Wallingford station, which is running father’s day steam specials on the day from Cholsey to Wallingford, Free parking onsite at the school. 

The exhibition will be open from 10am – 4.30pm. 

Admission is £4 for adults, £1.50 for children and families £10 (2+2). Tel: 07595 255150 

• RMweb Gold

As so often, a club taking full advantage of advance notice and free advertising on RMWeb to pull in the punters with an attractive list of layouts and trade :sarcastic:

And why not indeed.  One or two 'old faithful' layouts on offer which do the rounds of all the local exhibitions in this part of the world but it sounds an attractive show for all that so I might well make my way there this coming Sunday as it's a nice little local(ish) trip and it will be interesting to see what's been achieved.  No doubt if we support it by attending it might become a regular feature.

• RMweb Premium

Hey everyone, I hope you can make the show on Sunday!

Unfortunately not, it's our Ruby Anniversary, I don't think the missus would approve! Anyway, I'm treating her to trip on the Northern Belle on the day!

I went to school there in the 1970s, sadly I cant make it but would of bin lovely to have a look in there again.

Well, goodness me, so did I. Well, for 18 months in 72-73 anyway :). Were I not on the other side of the world I too would be taking the opportunity to see inside my old alma mater.

And why not indeed.  One or two 'old faithful' layouts on offer which do the rounds of all the local exhibitions in this part of the world but it sounds an attractive show for all that so I might well make my way there this coming Sunday as it's a nice little local(ish) trip and it will be interesting to see what's been achieved.  No doubt if we support it by attending it might become a regular feature.

Pop by and say hello, I'll be there with City Basin Goods - which now has the warehouse housing the parcels depot in place. Have yet to add loads of BRUTEs though

I also enjoyed looking round the show.  It seemed to be well supported, so maybe it will become an annual event?  Certainly the whole of central Wallingford was blocked off from 11.30am.  Fortunately we slipped into town early and were able to make an easy getaway before the first race kicked off at 12.30.

Archived