TTA Belgium

roythebus

Latest news is that the extension from Forge a la Plez to Dochamps and Lamormenil is up and running. I was there the other week to witness a train of special gusts arriving at Lamormenil, AR136 and a toas track open coach, the first time that coach has been to Lamormenil.

The new extension will be officially opened by the Prince of Belgium on Sunday 21st June 2015. I'm hoping to be there to get some piccys.

The service to Lamormenil operates twice daily on Sundays and weekdays, with an additional return to Forge a la Plez during the late afternoon. The timetable is "flexible" as are the operating days, but details can be found on their website www.tta.be .

The new extension climbs over 50m in a fairly short space and includes a horse shoe curve beyond Dochamps. the extension work was funded by grants from the EU and local authorities.

For those who don't know, the TTA is a typical Belgian metre gauge Vicinal diesel operated line running through the Aisne valley from Pont d'Erezee to Lamormenil in the Luxembourg province. Erezee is about 20 minutes from Sortie 49 on the E25, about 50km south of Liege.

The other bit of news from the TTA is that the Scarp loco that has been languishing in the back of the shed for years has been sold to the CFBS Bai sur le Somme for restoration. Sorry I don't have details of the loco to hand.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, my friend Lisa and I attended the TTA on Saturday 20th June to help get the special train cleaned up for the Royal Visit by Prince Laurent and Princess Claire and their children on Sunday 21st. The weather held out for the visit.

The Royal Train left Erezee at about 1445 for the trip to Forge a la Plez where the Prince and local dignitaries cut the ceremonial ribbon across the track to formally re-open the line to Dochamps and Lamormenil. The dignitaries rejoined the train for the trip to Lamormenil where there was a bit of a civic reception laid on. This included copious quantities of Oster beer, the new local brew, as well as cheeses, chocolates and other nibbles. We've got lots of pictures but can't work out how to reduce them to below 1mb to post them on here!

Archived