Midland Red Sheep

844fan

Hey all me again looking for information on a rather obscure (and as my play on the old saying in the title goes a bit of a disgrace to her owners.) I've done some digging online but not much beyond th wonderfully made Loco Locomotives page and of course the wiki article have given me any infomation or proper look at th engine.

The engine is The Paget Locomotive a 2-6-2 prairie type locomotive built in 1908 for the Midland to the designs of Cecil Paget. The locomotive was a oddball having uniflow cylinders and a firebrick firebox that was massive.

As far as I've seen there is only a single picture of her and the Midland only released it after the LMS grouping. Does anyone know of any models built of her or perhaps some model plans. I find the engine very intriguing and would like to model her.

I'd also like to see if I could figure a way for a conventional inside cylinder block to in theory work for a fictional idea but thats not for here.

Anyone got some leads? 

Thank Boris I think that'll help nicely. Hmm may attempt a plan drawing to go with that one. It's good but I don't want to put the wrong details in if I'm not paying attention.

I think you took the name a bit too literally there.

Archived