Class 26 - Disc Fitted

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Anyone have any information about the latest date that Class 26's were running about still fitted with Headcode Discs?

Trying to work out whether I need to do a full facelift to a Heljan body or if I can get away with a disc one.

Thanks

Phil,

Not sure if this will help, whilst an S&T trainee in 1984/5 we were based at the apprentice training centre at St Rollox and I remember seeing class 26's entering the works for refurbishment, during that time they lost their headcode discs.

Colin

• RMweb Gold

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the comments - much appreciated.

I had a good idea that it was mid 80's and/pr as the refurbishment program went on.

I'm now particularly looking at Class 26's that were Central/East of Scotland regulars.

Thornton Yard to Millerhill (and vice versa) workings are of real interest as are workings from Bilston Pit to whatever destination - Leith Docks and Cockenzie Power Station mainly but also Blindwells to Cockenzie Power Station.

Plenty to get the teeth into

Thanks

• RMweb Gold

Hi Tony,

I have these 2 down as possibles as they were seen on Cockenzie coal or East Coast engineers trains at Preston Pans.

I didn't record which was on what duty - just the numbers with a comment - Discs!

The Zenfolio link takes me to a log in page - not the photo itself?

Thanks

Hi Tony,

I have these 2 down as possibles as they were seen on Cockenzie coal or East Coast engineers trains at Preston Pans.

I didn't record which was on what duty - just the numbers with a comment - Discs!

The Zenfolio link takes me to a log in page - not the photo itself?

Thanks

I have changed it but if it still does not work try this link:

http://www.rail-online.co.uk/

and search on 260xx

Cheers Tony

Archived