Turning both light functions on with a Lenz Stanfard Decoder

john dew

• RMweb Gold

This, I suspect, maybe a real dumb question.

There are three function outputs on the Lenz Standard Decoder

The output of each is 100 m.amp

I want to test the precis models coupler which requires an input of at least 150 m.amp

The suggested solution is to combine two of the outputs together.

I am a total novice with loco lighting functions and havent found the  Lenz decoder manual very helpful

How do I set up the Cvs/ function mapping so that both outputs will turn on (and off) simultaneously?

Do hope someone can help

Regards from Vancouver

This, I suspect, maybe a real dumb question.

There are three function outputs on the Lenz Standard Decoder

The output of each is 100 m.amp

I want to test the precis models coupler which requires an input of at least 150 m.amp

The suggested solution is to combine two of the outputs together.

I am a total novice with loco lighting functions and havent found the  Lenz decoder manual very helpful

How do I set up the Cvs/ function mapping so that both outputs will turn on (and off) simultaneously?

Do hope someone can help

Regards from Vancouver

Hi John

I'd agree the manual can be a bit confusing first time round.  I don't have a Lenz Standard to hand, to check my theory so hopefully it will work.

Anyway F0 forward white wire (output A) + F0 reverse yellow wire (Output B are directional with F1 forward Green wire (Output C) being set directionally as supplied.

The following settings assume you want both linked outputs to stay ON regardless of direction of travel, until switched off.

Set CV 33 = 0 this switches off F0 forward  - white wire

Set CV 34 = 0 this switches off F0 reverse  - yellow wire

Set CV 35 = 0 this switches off F1 Green wire - this may or may not be required depending if you plan using this output also.

Now set CV 36 = 3  which links the white and yellow wires  - Outputs A + B together as one output, switched on/off via F2 

Hope this is off some help

Good luck

Regards

Ken

Archived