Kerr Stuart 4421 Drawings

Does anyone know of a drawing of the Kerr Stuart diesel built for Ravenglass and currently on the Foxfield Railway?

I wonder if it'd be close enough to the Atlas O scale plymouth which you can pick up cheaply?

I think (?) that Kerr Stuart's goodwill, designs, and drawings were acquired by Hunslet, so it might be worth enquiring of the Hunslet Archive at Statfold Barn Farm. Given a works number they can search the drawing registers - always the key - and advise what may be available. They have a dedicated archivist and whilst fees are charged for copies of drawings and works photos these are reasonable and advised in advance.

I think (?) that Kerr Stuart's goodwill, designs, and drawings were acquired by Hunslet, so it might be worth enquiring of the Hunslet Archive at Statfold Barn Farm. Given a works number they can search the drawing registers - always the key - and advise what may be available. They have a dedicated archivist and whilst fees are charged for copies of drawings and works photos these are reasonable and advised in advance.

I bought some photos from the Hunslet archive a few months ago.  Great service and very reasonable prices - they even 'threw in' scans from the Hunslet order book. I dealt with Hazel Thomlinson -  e-mail:  ArchiveAdmin@hunsletmuseum.co.uk

Good luck with your project.

Cheers,

Ray.

There was a side only drawing in an old RM..70s? Seem to remember there was questions about its scale.

I might be able to put my hand on it tomorrow.

Is this the ex Rom River one?  It's the Foxfield gala this weekend so someone may be able to photo it for you?

• 1 year later...
  • RMweb Gold

I have two different drawings of this loco - neither of which has a scale attached. The RM one from May 79 though purporting to be to 7mm is in fact somewhere nearer 6mm by the look of it, and the official works drawing in the excellent Ratty Album Vol 1 looks to be somewhere around 8mm...

My question therefore - does anyone know the wheel diameter please? Should hopefully be able to scale the drawings that way then.

Ideally I'd like to build a model of her in Ratty condition, as I have fond memories of seeing her whilst on holiday in the Lakes with my late dad, probably getting on for nearly 20 years ago now...

Saying that this photo I've found of her in later life is rather appealing too!

https://farm1.staticflickr.com/433/19300551860_c02283faad_k_d.jpg