RMweb

Module End of Line Station

Hi All,

I would welcome your thoughts on this layout as it will be one of my temination lines coming off from a main circular line. The length is 8' x 2' and my idea was to have the setting in a small fishing village location or maybe a countryside town.

Let me know your thoughts and things that i should put into the detail.

Cheers

Mark

post-26555-0-37198500-1436723990_thumb.jpg

What era is this set?  If it's modern era why hasn't the station been substantially rationalised?

Is the lead-in supposed single track or double track?  If it's double track why is there a horrible bottleneck in the design?

I'd suggest losing the pair of crossovers, they don't do anything that the double slip doesn't; modern practise for such an arrangement would be to have that as a back to back pair of turnouts rather than a double slip, though I doubt a station which retains 4 platform faces would have been subjected to such rationalisation.

I'd also kick back the sidings into the top corner rather than have it at the bottom.

Cheers for your comments I will amend my plans taking into account your suggestions. The era is a 1990's where my thoughts was only having 2 of the lines at the station as passenger ones. The other would be an old carriage or 2 (typical of ones where they are turned into a cafe / shop) and the other platform have a couple of old unused locos gathering rust.

I'd also consider why it would have been built as a 4 platform station in the first place. Railway companies weren't (usually) in the business of building major termini in small fishing villages and rural market towns.

• RMweb Premium

Not entirely sure what the crossover at the end of the platforms adds now, as the runround loop under the footbridge which it provides looks too short to be useful. Moving it nearer the buffers it would enable engine release if you are planning loco-hauled workings. The passing loop in the TMD also looks a bit cramped.

Archived