free speech?

• RMweb Gold

A thread started this evening asking for help to get an old model back into production.

Another modeller made a comment that the proposed producer (not the OP) was unreliable.

I agreed, and said so.

Now, both our posts have been deleted by mods without explanation.

There was no bad language used, no rudeness, just opinions. Considering some of the stuff I've seen on here I am left wondering why my opinion has been removed.

• RMweb Gold

I don't know why, probably a risk of libel.

But your topic title is wrong. There is no free speech on this web site, or any other which you don't yourself own. Every web site belongs to and is paid for by someone, and it is the owner's decision what it will contain. The owner is not required to explain his reasons.

It's very easy to have your own web site. There are lots of hosting companies who provide such a service. And then you can post on it whatever you want, providing it complies with the law of the land.

regards,

Martin.

I would guess that making statements that could affect somebody's business might lead the site into litigation, and unless you were prepared to indemnify Andy and Warners against all costs of such actions they have every right to protect their investment by refraining from publishing such statements.

Freedom of speech is not freedom from it's consequences.

The reply to the original post was not relevant and was merely raking up the same old argument about supplying goods and whilst this may be a problem to that poster it's not the place to start yet another discussion on the matter, your post simply continued in the same vein and these posts were reported as not being relevant to the topic. I agreed and hid them.

Archived