Decoder recommendations Bachmann Class 101

LU_fan

Not sure if this belongs here, but anyway... I am a member of a model railway club, and in order to run my brand new Bachmann BR Class 101 on our show layouts they have to have DCC installed. What i'm wondering is, are there any particular decoders that would be recommended? Are there any that come preprogrammed with sound? And last but not least, where can i buy one?

Thanks for all helpful answers.  :)

Not sure if this belongs here, but anyway... I am a member of a model railway club, and in order to run my brand new Bachmann BR Class 101 on our show layouts they have to have DCC installed. What i'm wondering is, are there any particular decoders that would be recommended? Are there any that come preprogrammed with sound? And last but not least, where can i buy one?

Thanks for all helpful answers.  :)

Hi

This is probably one of your best options for sound, suggest you contact them for more information, with speaker choice/fitment etc etc , although others may disagree 

http://www.dckits-devideos.co.uk/shop/dcc_digital_loco_sounds/diesel_electric_digital_loco_sounds_includes_the_all_new_xl_v4_decoder_/new_class_101_met_cam_dmu_leyland_engines_legomanbiffo_.php

HTH

Ken

As far as i understand it from the manual, without actually having opened the unit itself, the cars come with speakers included. But i will absolutely keep them in mind.

It's possible, but unlikely that speaker/s are already fitted. It's normally only factory sound fitted models that come pre-fitted with a speaker.  The manual may just be showing where a speaker "could" be fitted

It's possible, but unlikely that speaker/s are already fitted. It's normally only factory sound fitted models that come pre-fitted with a speaker.  The manual may just be showing where a speaker "could" be fitted

Could be. I have yet to open the models up, and i won't have time this week to look.

Archived