DCC sound Ixion Fowler dead

Barnaby

Hello I'm looking for some direction here.

When I first got my Lenz LH100 kit followed by an Ixion Fowler [sound chipped] I had some difficulties getting it to work straight off.

Eventually I did a reset on the 0000 address by pressing key 4 twenty times then unplugging from the mains wait for 5 mins then try again. IT WORKED.

It has run up and down my 1 metre of track without issue since then some 8 months.

Earlier this week I had my plan laid down and wired in with the points controlled by the Lenz unit.

During the initial testing a short across the track happened and now the Fowler is silent and won't move.  It seems like it's forgotten what was chipped into its brain.

As I wasn't there when this happened I can't be sure that the loco was working correctly before the short or not.

I can run on 0000 a DC loco but not the Fowler any more. 

Paul B. [edm models] has previously said you can reset the chip back to default settings by CV8 = 8.

If that is something I should do where in my manual do I find the "how to" for this please and does it have to be done on the programming track or can I do it on the POM.?

OR

Is the chip fried?

Any help much appreciated.

Best Mark aka Barnaby

Hi Mark,

You have raised two separate reset issues.

A ) Your Lenz system. You seem to have the 'how to' for this.

B ) The decoder. The way to reset the decoder is to write (programme) CV8 = 8. This can be done either on the programme track or by programming on the main. This will return all CVs to the project defaults, and the loco address to 3. You will then need to use address 3 in your Lenz to try to operate the Fowler.

I'm sorry, I don't know the Lenz system well enough to explain how to put your system into either programming mode.

This will only work if the decoder is undamaged. An unattended shorting event may have damaged the decoder, it's hard to say at this point.

If you can't get the decoder to re-set after several attempts I suggest you contact EDM regarding a repair.

Kind regards,

Paul

Thanks Paul.

Bit of a bummer now I've got the track down my only DCC loco has died.

I think I've found the "how to" in the online USA menu for Lenz so I'll be having a go with that later as we have the grandchildren until Late Sunday and boy do they suck up time and energy.

Hopefully it will be recoverable but if not It will have to go back to base for a EDM make over.

Thanks again.

UPDATE.   We are good to go

EXPLANATION.    I was not getting any sound or motor control after a short circuit during the laydown on my track.

First thing was to hoover up all the track bits and wire ends.

No joy

Ran LZV100 command unit reset. select 0000 DC loco address -- press key 4 twenty times -- remove mains plug and wait for 5 mins -- plug back in and the unit will have been reset. 6.1 System Reset  Ver 3.6

Still no Joy.

Confirm DCC on track using a digital ac meter - YES there was voltage.

Definitely still no joy.

Ran LH100 keypad throttle reset - 13.2.6  LH100 Reset to factory defaults: SET_6   Ver 3.6

OH JOY all is working again

Last thing was to change the Language back to English  see 13.2.2  Ver 3.6  the LH100 Factory reset sets the language to German.

NB. all the ref numbers are for Ver 3.6 other Versions may be different

Archived