Users will currently see a stripped down version of the site until an advertising issue is fixed. If you are seeing any suspect adverts please go to the bottom of the page and click on Themes and select IPS Default. ×
RMweb

LED topped traffic cones?

Somewhere, probably at a exhibition on a makers stand - I have seen these blinking away - I am having thoughts about a layout - can anyone point me in the direction of them - they are not the Busch ones. I want them to go around street-track-parked Rolling stock. HO scale preferably

Are you planning to protect the train with cones, or are you just interested in the lights...? In the early 80s in Yakima they went crazy with red and Orange highway flashing units, like the ones you mentioned. Each loco was adorned with about a dozen, with another dangling from the rear buckeye on the train. Another alternative was a flag or a lit fusee....

Are you planning to protect the train with cones, or are you just interested in the lights...? In the early 80s in Yakima they went crazy with red and Orange highway flashing units, like the ones you mentioned. Each loco was adorned with about a dozen, with another dangling from the rear buckeye on the train. Another alternative was a flag or a lit fusee....

Andy - I'm considering an HO version of Jordan's "Portway Terminal" (http://forum.mtimag.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=159)  - If stock is left (arrives) on the interchange track inset in the street, it should be marked during dark hours to prevent accidents, and I thought cones with flashing LEDs may be suitable

That's very considerate of you, I'm sure most RR's would just leave something parked in the street with the view that if you didn't see it then you must be blind (speaks the person who saw a Car go straight into the back of a lorry on the M5 yesterday....).

I have a suspicion that this is going to involve a set of cones, some light conducting fibre, a Kytes Lites chip, a drill and some epoxy - I can't find them anywhere ready-to-plonk. Having seen an idiot tourist driving along the A9 with a map spread out on his steering wheel a couple of days ago - the accident you saw doesn't surprise me in the least!

Hey Jack,

That is a nifty little layout. I was considering an HO version of it myself. A 45 tonner would prosper on this layout. The only change that I would make is to put the runaround in the street by the freight forwarder instead of the grain elevator.

Mike - that is worth a thought - I have suitable small locos (Plymouth/ 44 ton /45 ton /70 ton/ trackmobile/SW's ) . Phil, I knew I'd seen them and I think you are right about Perth. As I couldn't find them I ordered some bits yesterday so I'll start with those and see how I get on - but well done, and thanks, for finding them!

• RMweb Gold

Try this supplier

http://www.kyteslights.com/

Brit15

Hi Apollo,

That link would be useful - IF Kytes actually did the flashing cones that Shortliner is looking for.

Jack, Just checked - the express models flashing cones were on the All Components stand at Perth this year.

Thanks

Archived