Multi maus spares

modfather

Hi guys - 

Can anyone point me towards a supplier of spares in the uk for the old red multimaus, I've got a cracked screen (the outer one, fixed into the case). Roco are taking their rim to return my email.

Cheers, Matt.

• 1 month later...

Hi guys -

Can anyone point me towards a supplier of spares in the uk for the old red multimaus, I've got a cracked screen (the outer one, fixed into the case). Roco are taking their rim to return my email.

Cheers, Matt.

To be honest your quickest to just by a second hand handset, find the roco number and search it on eBay.de. Germans tend to be very precise with their listings and shipping across Europe will either be euro7.50 or 16ish euro.

Or perhaps a solvent adhesive like mekpak that won't cloud the plastic like super glue?

It does take time for Roco to reply to emails ... you should have received an email identification ... but when they get to you, I have found them thorough and very helpful.

I have only cracked the front of one of my Multimauses - it ;landed on a sharp object 8-(  - I simply cut a piece of the clear foil from a product box, and taped it over the front: at zero cost.

Sorry I missed these responses. I gave up waiting for a response from Roco and had cut a piece of thick clear plastic as a force for for the gap.

However a road trip through Germany furnished me with a new multimaus from Menzels lokshuppen in Dusseldorf for a grand total of...

€70! (Roughly £50)

Split from sets and in either grey or red. I believe they ship to the UK if anyone else is interested and that the handset is available as a spare on its own (I passed on a Bluetooth spare handset)

• 4 weeks later...

Thread from the dead - roco have contacted me to apologise for the delay...

to tell me that they don't hold spares for the multimaus...

...but if I send my address there will be a screen in the post monday morning.

...FREE!

Slightly off the topic but find it odd that no one has come with a pc emulator for the multimaus to fool the multimaus in thinking the pc is another multimaus so allowing you to download and store loco settings off the handset as I have exceeded the number of locos across a number of layouts / stock periods one handset can handle.

butler henderson - is it not possible to set it up without the rolling stock library and to use a four digit address?

You can enter addresses but I personally like simple descriptions like BLK04 and GRN03 rather than relying on the cabside number etc, which might not be visible.

No idea re Expressnet etc, the MRC DCC guru has no idea and a web search does not reveal any solution.

Railroad and Co Software - at least in its 'free'-Roco-tied version Rocomotion, supplied with the original separate Rocomotion PC interface and then with MultiCentralePro - can download the loco roster from handsets and then edit it  (in fact, I was caught out at one show, when I had not used the PC on the first day, but turned it on for the 2nd, and it duly became the master list of settings - 'overiding'  corrections I had made the previous day ..... reinforcng the experience I have had of needing to be aware of WHICH Maultimause/ MultimausPro was last used as  'Master' remembering point positions and loco settings etc)

Multimaus to Multimaus the 64 loco list can be copied, and to/from the PC with Rocomotion and MultiCentrale Pro.

For years I was 'put off' using the Library by the manual stating that it used CV1 ... whereas it works for both long and short addresses !!  64  per handset.

So I have an 'LGB' controller, with our G Scale Locos named/stored within it, and similarly an H0 controller, and then for 00 [home layout] Green Pre-Tops, TOPS, Steam, and Units controllers ... which then make for very easy selection of the required loco, given the right handset - > at the start of a show, the theory is to transfer the [ LGB / H0 ] list into the other handsets being used that day ... but in practice, and with the low cost of Multiauses, it is more practical to keep the controllers with the different portable layouts we use, and try not to mix them up - by labelling them with a marker pen.

I havn't looked at Rocrail recently - but it works with the MultiCentralePro under Linux/Mac but NOT PC - it may have the options.  The Protocol for the original Rocomotion PC i/f has been published by Roco. Also for the Z21.?

Train Menu > Import and Loco Database in Central Unit   (possibly only operative with MultiCentrale Pro - but otherwise assume the Master Multimaus ?? -  the menu appears in Rocomotion 5.9 even when offline)

IMPORT leads to a menu for Train Data Files saved on the computer    (I suggest he RR+Co full version manual may give more info on using this)

Loco Database in Central Unit > must be in Edit Mode >  allows reading / writing / editing of loco data ... see help file below ....

Write train data into Digital System

With this feature it is possible to write the data of selected engines into the database of your digital system. This feature is not supported for the Lokmaus.

The list box contains all engine records. Each entry contains a short name, that identifies the engine on the display of your multiMAUS. To change this short name, click to it and enter a new name.

To write the data into your multiMAUS, select the entries, that you want to be written and press the Write button.

How to get here:

Select the Loco Database in Central Unit command of the Train menu.

Archived