DCC in two 20s

owentherail

• RMweb Gold

You could do it by altering the direction on one of the locos. This can be done by changing CV 29.

Read the value of CV29 on one of the locos. If it is even add 1 to the value and reprogram it. If it is odd subtract 1from the value and reprogram it with that value.

You need to set up a consist where the two locos act as one. I'm sure someone will be along to tell you how to do this on your system if it is not in the manual. It may be that you can change the direction of one as you are setting this up and there will be no need to make the change to CV 29 mentioned above.

Ok, I've had a DCC for some time and for first time got two Bachmann 20s ( other pair has a dummy Lima 20 in) how do I reverse one to keep them nose to nose as 20s do, I'll be using a dynamis but can't find instructions for controller!! Cheers.

Make the total value of CV 29 different on each loco -  one being EVEN the other being ODD by adding or subtracting 1 from the total = the direction bit (1) being either normal = 0  or reverse =1

Dont change anything in the individual locos, unless you want them to run like that when solo. 

Just create a consist. Part of the process is setting the direction of travel for each loco. Usually best to have each loco set on the controller for the direction it will be travelling in before adding to the consist.

• RMweb Gold

Dont change anything in the individual locos, unless you want them to run like that when solo. 

Just create a consist. Part of the process is setting the direction of travel for each loco. Usually best to have each loco set on the controller for the direction it will be travelling in before adding to the consist.

I wasn't sure if this was possible with the dynamis but if it is it is a far better solution than changing CV 29

Archived