DC Power Issue.

AGR Model Store

Right bit of long winded one but,

Layout was running prefect before going away for a week and i've come back and i've got issues. 

( Bad Drawing Sorry )

839EDABE-0128-4655-A748-F592DC142D2D_zps

But basically everything will run as normal on Line 1 Until the Bridge / Flap section, where it stops dead.

But when I have points switched for line 2, Locos run at creep and stop dead.

Now what I've done 

Changed the points ( peco for new peco ) for line 1 to 2 nearest the power, changed the rail joiners as well. ( Brand new again )

Changed few bits of older Hornby track to new peco track.

Bridge section changed all the peco joiners with wires for new ones, re-wired again .

Controller ( Gaugemaster UDS ) has been sent back to see if that was problem ( no fault found )

I've run out of ideas, can any one lend me idea please ?

Anthony

Disconnect the flap section from power-in completely. If your loco's operate normally on the rest, the fault is in the flap section, otherwise it's in the station. Measure resistance across the track (clear of stock) Any reading below indefinite is an indication there's a short somewhere. Check the layout for stray strands of wire or tools across the track.

HTH!

Argh!,

Good idea about the flap, I checked last night for any mis-laid parts ( non to be seen yet ) and guessing a volts meter would help ?

Lift the flap slightly place 1 loco on the flap and  one by power in. set points to track 1  Do both move, if so do they both go the same way. if they go opposite ways then my suspicion is either the flap or the layout has had its polarity reversed during operations If the one on the flap does not move perhaps the flap and layout rails touched before the alterations and provided a current path, this could disguise a dry joint on the flap wiring   I wonder did you substitute a live frog peco for a dead frog one? both points need to be set for either road 1 or road 2 with live frogs and no isolators, one of each will give a short.

Archived