Deleted posts

We have noted a load of posts gone missing on ER's today. When I go back and edit a post it automatically says so. Would it be possible for a "post deleted" message to appear so as not to mess up post count and pagination please?

Ed

We have noted a load of posts gone missing on ER's today. When I go back and edit a post it automatically says so. Would it be possible for a "post deleted" message to appear so as not to mess up post count and pagination please?

Ed

Ed - it'll make very little difference - over the years a whole heap of posters have got upset and departed - deleting their posts before they do so, and joining another forum because they didn't appreciate being moderated, or somebodies comment upset them, so the number of postings is an academic figure, and only approximate, anyway.  Also, I believe, some peoples post counts were carried across from earlier incarnations  of the forum, and others weren't

I believe, some peoples post counts were carried across from earlier incarnations of the forum, and others weren't

It even happened TWICE to some of us :( :)

The post count is a bit of nonsense from the "old days" it really doesn't mean much - it most certainly does not infer quality of posts (just look at my total for example) If anything all it means is that some of us have got nothing better to do !

Folk who depart and delete their posts I think must have some real insecurity issue. If they have posted anything of worth surely they would wish it to stand - either that or they are simply stating that everything they have "said" was rubbish. Its a pity because some who have departed have made some really good contributions over the years (and are missed) before they threw their toys out of their prams

... it is probably on some backup somewhere anyway.

I was also thinking that replies will make no sense either, and at least a message would tell you that a previous had gone. Thanks for the info Jack. Not seen many of your fabulous links lately, or am I just looking in the wrong places?

Ed

Archived