C&L rail size

84f

I have just taken delivery of a new batch of steel bullhead code 75. There is a visual difference in the width of the bullhead compared to my previous batch from last year. The new is 0.87 mm and the old 0.91mm, the new is also softer to cut and has a rougher edge finish. The height is thankfully identical. As this is all destined for fiddle yard use I am not too concerned. The picture shows the different rails used for the wing and closure rails.

I am wondering if this sort of difference is something I should expect, I know rail drawing is not that precise but would have hoped for more consistency.

Robin

post-23464-0-60757600-1441619577.jpg

Shame the really useful answer was in the locked topic http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/102847-cl-rail-sizee/&do=findComment&comment=2011759

Poor Martin will be apoplectic! They are out to get you.

I am really sorry, Martin  - that is not what I would want  - your reply was really helpful.  I know it is not good to be locked in case anything is to be amended

Anyway, I have just given C&L a call and Pete believes that 0.04mm is within manufacturing tolerances although he will check it when he gets a chance.

for info EMGS don't stock steel, Scalefour do.

Robin

Archived