C-Rail MODA PFA

westie7

After having all the fun in the world churning out British Fuels Coal PFA kits, these whitemetal kits were a totally different kettle of fish.

Unless you are a whizz at whitemetal kits take your time and the result will be rather nice. This one was dabbled with for weeks, the second is in progress with lessons learned from the first.

A fair bit of flash trimming and flexing is required to get a 'square on' chassis. Before assembly though I would recommend trimming to outer edge of the wheel cover as this interferes with the wheels as they move side to side if set up for sharp curves.

The brake blocks are fiddly but quite easy to get in the correct position, and also easily broken off too.

Excuse the rubbish photos, I haven't yet saved up for Canon's EF-S 60mm Macro.

Rgds

Mark

post-6854-126705124827_thumb.jpg

post-6854-126705128241_thumb.jpg

post-6854-126705130753_thumb.jpg

post-6854-126705133136_thumb.jpg

And finally one of Arran's Tanktainers slightly modified

post-6854-126705151442_thumb.jpg

OOOOh could you please tell me where you got the tanktainer from as i am in need of a few of these smile.gif

Regards

Mike

Mike,

I ordered all my C-Rail stuff direct from Arran. The Tanktainer has his new etched walkway and ladder set fitted. Which makes a hell of a difference.

The tanktainer is also modified from the kit to match one of the images on the leaflet that comes with the transfers.

I can give you hint on the modifications I made to the frame if you're interested

Rgds

Mark

• 1 year later...

After having all the fun in the world churning out British Fuels Coal PFA kits, these whitemetal kits were a totally different kettle of fish.

Unless you are a whizz at whitemetal kits take your time and the result will be rather nice. This one was dabbled with for weeks, the second is in progress with lessons learned from the first.

A fair bit of flash trimming and flexing is required to get a 'square on' chassis. Before assembly though I would recommend trimming to outer edge of the wheel cover as this interferes with the wheels as they move side to side if set up for sharp curves.

The brake blocks are fiddly but quite easy to get in the correct position, and also easily broken off too.

Excuse the rubbish photos, I haven't yet saved up for Canon's EF-S 60mm Macro.

Rgds

Mark

post-6854-126705124827_thumb.jpg

post-6854-126705128241_thumb.jpg

post-6854-126705130753_thumb.jpg

post-6854-126705133136_thumb.jpg

And finally one of Arran's Tanktainers slightly modified

post-6854-126705151442_thumb.jpg

Hi

Great version of the GAtainer, where did you get the Yellow/blank transfers? I'm new to RMWeb and model containers, I've just converted a HO scale Walthers Seaco container to a 20ft in 4mm Scale. I'll post a picture if anyone is interested?

Clivebar1

Archived